ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
2Tall4myZ4
Rookie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' BMW Z4

Cool How to Install a air bag control unit

Anyone know how to go about installing an airbag control unit? My last resort is taking it into the dealership being an unemployed student
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Well 2Tall, unless someone comes along here and can be definitive and safe re: install, I suspect this post not be what you wish to read. My personal counsel would be to SOMEhow rake the denari together and get it done professionally. I do not know how, and actually probably, probably would not attempt. Someone may laugh at me for this...it might be as simple as replacing a door handle for all I know, or less complicated than an oil change...but it IS a key safety issue.

We demo exploding air bags here for the teens at Street Survival Schools. The operative word is exPLOding; one of them shot a traffic cone straight into the air about 40 feet. Amazing and actually kind of scary--so my counsel would be to get it done by a pro....as soon as you can afford it. IF someone can do it, and knows what they are DOING--then great. Otherwise, save up, drive slow, look both ways, and wait till you have the money to do it right. Hope you do not find this off-putting. Best of luck on this one...
Appreciate 0