ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #23
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Car show? Some people think it's a giant playground.
      04-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #24
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
..when usually it's just a case of kids being kids. I'm guessing you don't have any.
And I'm guessing you're one of those parents I describe in my original post who lets their kid do whatever they want and uses the "kids being kids" excuse to explain their failed attempt at parenting. I think I bumped into you on Friday at the NY Auto show.

I specifically stated I don't blame the kids. I blame the parents. Thanks for enforcing my point.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #25
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Not even close, but way to make assumptions.

I just think it's pretty douchey to expect the NYIAS to be your personal car comparo opportunity. People bring their kids out in public, deal with it.

Last edited by Bimmer-Bob; 04-15-2012 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #26
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

You didn't go to the car show when you were little?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #27
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

I kind of see what OP is saying, honestly. Kids will obviously be kids.. and they deserve to be.. but you don't see kids acting up in museums, school, etc. I don't agree with everything OP said, but I do take offense to neglectful parents who just let their kids run wild.. that's not good.

It's not rude to bring a small child or a baby to a restaurant. But it is rude to allow the poor kid to cry without addressing it - unfair to the kid and the whole restaurant. I don't see how kids messing up cars that aren't your own (buttons, etc) could annoy anyone... but I can see how if it was "my turn", and I had kids all around, had to worry about catching their fingers in doors, and it honestly detracted from my enjoyment of the car when the parent could just say "wait your turn, Jimmy!", then yeah it's annoying. As OP said, it's the parent and not the kid. The kid deserves to enjoy the show to the fullest, and other people shouldn't worry if the kid is messing up the car... but everyone else is also entitled to enjoying the show too, and when bad parents let their kids be a little too crazy, it sucks for everyone. I feel like I see lots of very terrible parents every day. Mothers with kids speeding and driving recklessly, people flat out ignoring their crying kid in public places, kids on "leashes"...

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Quote:
Not even close, but way to make assumptions.
You started making the assumptions. Way to go yourself.

Quote:
I just think it's pretty douchey to expect the NYIAS to be your personal car comparo opportunity.
Well sure, when you view the NYIAS as your kid's personal playground, it's hard to imagine other people might have other objectives, like actually learning something about the cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #29
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Holy thread revival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Well sure, when you view the NYIAS as your kid's personal playground..
I don't view public places that way at all. And I never condoned misbehavior by children (although I do think that, once you have kids, your definition of "misbehavior" will surely change a bit). My point is, you seemed to resent the very presence of minors. Didn't want to share the line with them. Didn't think they deserved to sit in the cars since they weren't potential buyers. To that I say the same thing I tell my 3-year old: learn to share. If you want an uninterrupted shopping experience, go to the showroom.