ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
rambo25
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Strange noises

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and I have a question on the strange noises I'm hearing, any pointers is greatly appreciated and I'll try to make my problem as brief as I can. First of all, I have an 06 M roadster and I was hearing loud knocking sounds so I checked to see what can it be and I found out that the passenger side motor mount was collapsed so I replaced them with vibra technics competition mounts and I also replaced the tranny mounts to rogue engineering. I read somewhere about bolts to the passenger bracket falling off and some breaking, mainly on years 07+?? correct me if I'm wrong. As I was replacing the mounts I just peeked at the bolts and all were in place so I didn't bother touching them. But I am still hearing weird noises (not as much as before with the collapsed mount) and I'm clueless where it's coming from.
http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/gu...tml?sort=3&o=0
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Have you tightened the bolts on the strut tower supports(black bars between strut and firewall)? I suspect this may be your issue. It doesn't take much to make a difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #3
rambo25
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Have you tightened the bolts on the strut tower supports(black bars between strut and firewall)? I suspect this may be your issue. It doesn't take much to make a difference.
Hmm, I'll give that a try
Appreciate 0