ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #23
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Looks good Jared. My corner weights from a year ago were very close to yours and I do agree these cars are well balanced from the factory. I actually set the ride height after driving it on my fav small loop near my house multiple times to get a good feel and that turned out to be the perfect setup for corner balance as well So driver feel is important.

That being said, I have about -1.9 to -2.0 deg camber all around and the front wear has been close to perfect while the rear tends to wear from the inside out- this is after about 9 track days and a year of daily driving. This makes me think I need to reduce negative camber in the back a little more and can leave the front more or less at -2 deg.

I think you can do with a little more camber in the front and a little less in the rear for better tire wear.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #24
chinkwan
Rep
Drives: Z4 M

Got a dumb question for you guys, please don't mind..

When u corner weight, how much gas do you fill in?? full tank, half tank?? almost empty??

Consider doing the same thing in the future...and would like to learn as much as possible..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #25
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkwan View Post
Got a dumb question for you guys, please don't mind..

When u corner weight, how much gas do you fill in?? full tank, half tank?? almost empty??

Consider doing the same thing in the future...and would like to learn as much as possible..
The "right" thing to do is have as much fuel in the tank as you'd typically have when starting a race which would be as much as possible to finish or get in to the pits at the planned point in the race. Given that I don't race my car competitively, I went with around 3/4ths of a tank as this is usually what I like to have in my car when I go out. Watkins Glen, where I usually find myself, is a long track and I prefer to stay as far away from fuel starvation issues by keeping over a half tank on tap.

So, the short answer is that I'd go with something around the 1/2 tank mark.