ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-10-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Suggestions on getting cables loose

I recently purchased an Intravee II from a fellow member of the forum. I have a 2006 Z4M Roadster. Using this video as a guide (same car as mine), I pulled back my carpet enough to see the amp, and the pass-through area, and I can see the 6-pin audio cable with the white pairs of wires. The problem is, I can't figure out how to get to the end of it. It feels like it must be trapped somewhere or behind something. I also feel some other cables around the pass-through, but I can't seem to get to the ends of those, either.

For those that have done one of these installs, can you offer any helpful tips? Any magic to freeing the ends of the cables? I'm so close, yet so far away from having this done.

Thanks!

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
JCF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 M Coupe

Are you saying you can see the wire that is in the loom with all the others or the actual "loose" end of the connector? Pull back more of the carpet to give you better line of sight. Unless they are already plugged into something you should be able to jiggle them loose from whatever they might be stuck on. You might also try going at it from the passenger side pass through at the subwoofer. Perhaps they're fed into that area already?
/// LED Lighting /// Pedal Haus M aluminum pedals and heel plate /// BMW logo puddle lights /// CF wrapped console /// LeatherZ MK4 console storage, armrests, door pulls /// ZHP illuminated shift knob /// BMW under seat storage /// Soundplicity III /// Stubby Antenna /// Eventuri Intake /// Tekcarbon CF valve cover /// Stromung exhaust /// Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts ///3rd brake light blinker
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCF View Post
Are you saying you can see the wire that is in the loom with all the others or the actual "loose" end of the connector? Pull back more of the carpet to give you better line of sight. Unless they are already plugged into something you should be able to jiggle them loose from whatever they might be stuck on. You might also try going at it from the passenger side pass through at the subwoofer. Perhaps they're fed into that area already?
Thanks for the hints, JCF. I am seeing the wire after it leaves the loom -- the one that is composed of the white wires. It is looped up behind the metal frame that supports the Carver amp. It's driving me nuts. I have tried wiggling it every which way, but I can't get the end free. I was thinking of trying to access it from the front. It got dark on me, so I had to quit, and my car is in the shop right now getting all of its fluids flushed and replaced. I'm also getting the Stromung installed. Woot!

I'll tackle it again soon. Thanks for the hints. I hope you're doing well. It looks like winter finally arrived here in the Carolinas. I'm ready for those 70 degree winter days again, so I can drop the top. That was phenomenal.

See ya!
Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
JCF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 M Coupe

That's very odd. They're usually just dangling.
/// LED Lighting /// Pedal Haus M aluminum pedals and heel plate /// BMW logo puddle lights /// CF wrapped console /// LeatherZ MK4 console storage, armrests, door pulls /// ZHP illuminated shift knob /// BMW under seat storage /// Soundplicity III /// Stubby Antenna /// Eventuri Intake /// Tekcarbon CF valve cover /// Stromung exhaust /// Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts ///3rd brake light blinker
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #5
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

If you haven't been able to get to it by feel I think you'll have to free up some more of the rear fabric/cover. If I recall, I think mine was wedged under the plastic cubby.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
If you haven't been able to get to it by feel I think you'll have to free up some more of the rear fabric/cover. If I recall, I think mine was wedged under the plastic cubby.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think mine is probably the same. I freed up the carpet enough to see the wire, but it is wedged or caught on something.

Were you able to push on the plastic from behind in the trunk/boot or did you have to go in from the front tray. I know how to take all that out, but I'd rather not. :-)

Thanks!

Salty
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

I did it all from the trunk. It's possible the connector may also have been stashed under the lower lip, just on the other side of the access hole.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 09:33 PM   #8
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
I did it all from the trunk. It's possible the connector may also have been stashed under the lower lip, just on the other side of the access hole.
Thanks for the help!

Salty
Appreciate 0