ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-26-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
xMattx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4

Driver's Door Pull Handle

Hello All -

I have a 2003 Z4 and I am am having an issue with the driver's side door.

To be honest I am not even sure that is what the part is called that I am having trouble with. I have tried searching and have only come up with issues people are having with the actual latch mechanism.

On my car (as seen below) the lower portion of the pull handle separated away from the door itself. Is this a problem I can fix myself and if so what part(s) do I need. Also, I'd be curious if there is some type of tutorial as I am not incredibly car savvy. Thank you all for any assistance you could offer!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 06:43 AM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Get familiar with realoem. It is your best source of info that I have found. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_4912

To address your question, push on the silver cover (part 12) from the top and it will slide of the handle (item 11). It may take a bit of effort if it is the first time off.

You can access the screw inside the handle once the cover is off. Hopefully the screw receiver in the door arm pad is not dinked.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0