ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-17-2020, 10:09 PM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
about 20% decrease in milage
Are you sure that's not you enjoying the extra power?
I mean I have a completely different setup (m54 with twinscrew, cams, headers cats), but I've driven long stretches on the autobahn in club formation, driving hundreds of miles behind and in front of exactly the same car but stock, and with me it comes down to when I have to fill up ~42 litres, the 'control car' fills up with ~40 litres.
So that's a 5% decrease in mileage on a highly tuned engine compared to the same car stock (some people behind me complain about the unburned fuel smell, which obviously are women ).
In that same scope, my car is more fuel efficient than for example a z3 with the 2.8 m52tu on highway speeds (80mph). (The z3 is more inefficient because it has a 5 speed).

Obviously if I put the pedal to the metal I burn more fuel than they can....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0