ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
Flycaster
Flycaster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 MB C300 coupe, '13 ATS 2.0

Help removing center console storeage box

I'm having trouble installing my Dice, via the CD hook up, into my 2005 Z4. I can not get the connector wires out from under center console storeage box. There just isn't any room between the bottom of the box and the firewall, thus the wires are securely jammed between the box and the wall. I've removed the two torqx srews within the box as I was told that it would loosen the box enough to get to the wires, but that never happened. So I'm contemplating removing the box, or at least remove enough parts so that the wires can be gotten to. Here's what I need to know before starting out:

If I follow the center console storeage removal as noted onpages 6 and 7 in this link (http://www.moslanders.com/stuff/alarm.pdf), will this be enough to loosen up the box enough to get to the wires? From the diagrams on page 7, I can't tell if the box will come out or if it will move. My concern is that I may have to also remove the panels behind the seats to get the box tomove. Would appreciate a reply from someone who has do this. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
jra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4

I'm away from my computer right now, but I will pm you better instructions with photos later tonight
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Flycaster
Flycaster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 MB C300 coupe, '13 ATS 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra View Post
I'm away from my computer right now, but I will pm you better instructions with photos later tonight

Thanks.
Appreciate 0