ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #1
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

VIR North Course

Was my first outing at VIR and I participated with the BMW Tarheel chapter. They had the North course all to themselves. This was only my 3rd track session, previous were Summit Point Jefferson and then Main. The Tarheel group allowed me to run with the "C" group...was with "D" both times at Summit.

First day was a lot of exploration. Went home that night and planned out my route, first session of second day was downright scary. By second session, I had some adjustments. There was someone doing timing for the day...couple of guys came running up to the car after my third session and asked if I knew how fast I was going...no idea. They were clocking each group, they said in second session, I was running 1:50 to 1:53. , but in third session, it was 1:47 - 1:49. They said it was the fastest of the day, but I have no idea nor any reference.

Anyone have experience here? I felt like I was leaving a few seconds on the track, turn one scrubs so much speed, turn 3 has about 50 different ways to attack, and turn 7 goes up a steep hill and off camber there had to be a better way. Street tires and stock wheels/brakes, but even there, I think there was 2-3 seconds if I could have figured out theses couple of turns better.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #2
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Sounds like you had a ball mate

any pics or footage?