ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #23
DrVolkl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 6spd/ '13 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksquid View Post
I ran across this site when looking for my Z4M Coupe:

http://z4mcoupebuyersguide.com/
This is the site I used. VERY helpful.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #24
Mar48
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp xDrive - Atlantis

^ need to keep this thread near the top!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 10:06 AM   #25
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

My thoughts: The coupes are just beautiful, one of my top 10 cars ever. That said, unless you find an enthusiast, you will sit on a coupe longer than a roadster when you go to sell. Top down gets you another segment of buyers. Where a coupe is a more limited group. I have noticed many coupes for sale on this site that did not sell and were traded off to dealers.

If I had the extra cash I would have a coupe and a roadster. :-)

Steve
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #26
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post

Steve
WHS ^
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #27
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
My thoughts: The coupes are just beautiful, one of my top 10 cars ever. That said, unless you find an enthusiast, you will sit on a coupe longer than a roadster when you go to sell. Top down gets you another segment of buyers. Where a coupe is a more limited group. I have noticed many coupes for sale on this site that did not sell and were traded off to dealers.

Steve
Hmmm...as soon as you've said that, all the ///M for sale right now in the forum are all roadsters
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #28
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Probably because winter. Coupes are more impervious to seasons, except nobody likes to buy car during the winter. But roadster owners often stare at the rag top during the cold winter month and wonder "what the hell am I doing with a car I can't drive with the top down for 3 months out of the year for" and attempt to dump it when the winter blues hit.

Meanwhile winter is just about the WORST possible time to try and sell the roadster. And when spring and summer rolls around, they take the roadster off the market because they know fun, sun kissed days are ahead.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 10:36 AM   #29
Chapman
Registered
Rep
Drives: NA

Hey guys, I'm reviving an old thread here. I was hoping to look for any additional feedback on buying a Z4MC, if any!

I'm new to BMWs and I'm looking at a Z4MC with 46k miles. This car is in Texas, so I probably won't see it in person before buying.

Are there anything else in particular I should ask the seller?
  1. Has an inspection II been completed (valve adjustment)?
  2. Do you have maintenance records?
  3. Has the car been tracked?
  4. Why are you selling?

I plan to order a pre-purchase inspection. Aside from that, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 05:11 PM   #30
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman View Post
Hey guys, I'm reviving an old thread here. I was hoping to look for any additional feedback on buying a Z4MC, if any!

I'm new to BMWs and I'm looking at a Z4MC with 46k miles. This car is in Texas, so I probably won't see it in person before buying.

1. Has an inspection II been completed (valve adjustment)?
  2. Do you have maintenance records?
  3. Has the car been tracked?
  4. Why are you selling?

I plan to order a pre-purchase inspection. Aside from that, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks in advance.
For a 10 year old $25k-$35k car I would spend the extra money to fly down on a weekend and see it. Probably another $600? Too many issues with getting it and then not being happy with what I just bought.

If not I would ask for pictures of every scratch and wear area on the car.
      07-31-2017, 06:18 PM   #31
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman View Post

Pictures! Pictures Pictures! Interior surfaces. Exterior surfaces, has the paint been touched up or paint corrected at any point? Check under the front bump fangs for more than usual scratches (its low and far forward).

Check the carfax, speak with the owner over email or the phone and try to paint a picture of the cars history. Is this a diligent owner who performed the maintenance exactly as prescribed (or more) and left the car in tip-top shape? At 10 years old it likes needs replacement of lots of OEM pulleys, seals and bushings - get it done on his dime or split costs.

Get someone you trust to look at the car or hop a flight and see it yourself - no amount of pictures can substitute for that. Every used car I look at I have more and more questions, you too will add to that list soon
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #32
WanaM
Banned
Rep
Drives: Fast and fun M3

Just like stated above, information is key. I would strongly fly out and see it in person. Check sites for comparable condition so that you know what to expect to pay.

https://www.autolist.com/bmw-z4+m#ma...e%3Aasc&page=1

Good luck with new toy and I would also strongly suggest a pre-purchase inspection at a third party shop before any money is exchanged.
Appreciate 0