ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #23
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep
Drives: JDM

Some might take SYT_Shadow's post as bashing.
However, information was shared and obviously it doesn't look good on OP's attempt to sell.

Some people over here defend the wrong type of cars for sale.
They bash cars that have cosmetic modification not up to their taste and defend cars that has no maintenance record.
Whether or not SYT_Shadow's post is a reliable source of information, it is up to potential buyer to judge.
GLWS, OP. Sucks that you purchased a car with an inaccurate PPI (assuming SYT_Shadow's statement is true).
Hope everything works out for you.

If anyone is interested, wheels are probably VMR V710.
Those knock offs are pretty popular among the M3 community.
      09-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by indohan View Post
Some might take SYT_Shadow's post as bashing.
However, information was shared and obviously it doesn't look good on OP's attempt to sell.

Some people over here defend the wrong type of cars for sale.
They bash cars that have cosmetic modification not up to their taste and defend cars that has no maintenance record.
Whether or not SYT_Shadow's post is a reliable source of information, it is up to potential buyer to judge.
GLWS, OP. Sucks that you purchased a car with an inaccurate PPI (assuming SYT_Shadow's statement is true).
Hope everything works out for you.

If anyone is interested, wheels are probably VMR V710.
Those knock offs are pretty popular among the M3 community.
It seems like the OP isn't the same people who were trying to scam me, so he's only guilty of getting scammed himself. When I saw the car I suspected it would end up for sale on this forum, as 22.5k is inexpensive for a Z4MC.

The way to see if my info is accurate or not is simple: OP posts a pic of his VIN and it doesn't match the one I had written down.

When I expressed interest in this same car months ago, a good samaritan on this forum pmed me and told me he had driven this car as a member of CCC, and that I should be aware it had been driven by many people the way you'd drive an F430 if you rented it.
This kind of heads up is invaluable and the reason why these forums exist: for enthusiasts to help each other.

I posted pics of the exact same ding the OP shows in his pics, I don't think it could be any more clear. But well, no one is as blind as one who does not want to see.

Cheers

SYT
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 M Coupe

I assure everyone I am in no way affiliated with the potential previous owners of the car.

Here is a pic of the VIN for you to verify whether or not if it's the same car you looked at.

If it is indeed the same car, it sounds like an unfortunate situation for me, but something that I'll obviously have to deal with. For what it's worth, the car is mechanically sound and doesn't appear to show any signs of being abused in terms of driveability. It pulls hard, doesn't exhibit any leaks, is in good shape (imo) for a car with 74k miles. It's not a perfect show car by any means, but it was precisely what I was personally looking for--a driver.

I'm happy to allow any potential buyer perform a PPI on the car just as I did. As I said, I'm never one to hide anything if I'm aware of a situation. I've bought and sold tons of cars over the years and give every buyer the same treatment that I'd expect for myself.

And SYT, no hard feelings on my end man. You found out information about a car and you're passing it on to potential buyers. I can't fault you for that man.

Just a guy trying to get back into a cheaper sports car because he realized this particular car, while fun, wasn't the best decision in the world at this time.

'06 Interlagos Blue M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #26
manywelps
Rep
Drives: 1999 E39 528i

It is the same car, he posted the VIN on the first page of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #27
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Unfortunately it is the same car. I was pretty sure.

OP, I'm glad you aren't the same people who were trying to sell this originally.

FWIW, I had a compression check done (I REALLY wanted to buy a Z4MC) and every cylinder was in the 160-170psi, very healthy. The original sellers were asking 22.5k for it and I walked after the PPI's recommendation that I pay no more than 20k for it.

I think you'll have better luck on autotrader or cars.com than here.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #28
tekmoe
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #29
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

Caveat Emptor......It's worth what's it's worth to a willing buyer and a willing seller.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #30
manywelps
Rep
Drives: 1999 E39 528i

He just tried to sell it on another BMW forum by leaving off all the details:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...7#post14795767
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #31
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Planning on contacting Classic Car Club NY to find out from the source more history about the car if I can.

As I've stated previously, despite what's been posted here, the car actually shows well and doesn't show any signs of abuse. It runs well and looks good. Yes, there are a few minor scratches on the passenger's side (that likely can be removed by a good detailer), yes it's had some paintwork up front (as I mentioned previously, BMW dealer's PPI stated bumper and fender). No, I don't have maintenance records on the car (aside from the oil change I just did).

History or not, it's still the cheapest Z4M Coupe that I've seen in the country and I'm open to offers. If you want to talk about the *present,* the car runs very well, pulls hard, and realistically, doesn't look any different than most cars with 74k miles in terms of condition. The interior is super clean, the car exhibits no leaks, the suspension is still tight, the S54 still pulls hard (and apparently, according to the previous poster, compression tested well), the diff doesn't whine, etc etc etc. I'm a picky person when it comes to buying cars and, despite what has been said here, don't think the car appears to have "had the shit beaten out of it."

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #32
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

And the BRZ/FRS forum:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19215
      10-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-nigma View Post
Planning on contacting Classic Car Club NY to find out from the source more history about the car if I can.

As I've stated previously, despite what's been posted here, the car actually shows well and doesn't show any signs of abuse. It runs well and looks good. Yes, there are a few minor scratches on the passenger's side (that likely can be removed by a good detailer), yes it's had some paintwork up front (as I mentioned previously, BMW dealer's PPI stated bumper and fender). No, I don't have maintenance records on the car (aside from the oil change I just did).

History or not, it's still the cheapest Z4M Coupe that I've seen in the country and I'm open to offers. If you want to talk about the *present,* the car runs very well, pulls hard, and realistically, doesn't look any different than most cars with 74k miles in terms of condition. The interior is super clean, the car exhibits no leaks, the suspension is still tight, the S54 still pulls hard (and apparently, according to the previous poster, compression tested well), the diff doesn't whine, etc etc etc. I'm a picky person when it comes to buying cars and, despite what has been said here, don't think the car appears to have "had the shit beaten out of it."
I hear plenty of opinions few backed with any real facts and plenty of opportunities for "Material Misrepresentation".
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #34
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
I hear plenty of opinions few backed with any real facts and plenty of opportunities for "Material Misrepresentation".
Indeed. It's very much a he said/she said type situation.

I have little doubt that, despite what's been posted, once people start making it out to actually see and drive the car in person, they'll find the car is a bit different from what has been stated. I can only speak for the car as of June 2012 and the past 6kish miles, but she's garnered plenty of compliments from fellow enthusiasts and treated me perfectly well.

Shrug, I'm not opposed to keeping the car and enjoying it for a while. It's a perfectly good Z4M in my eyes, despite the fabled history that it carries. Yet and still, if someone wants a solid example of a Z4M priced a lot more like an S54 powered Z3M, she's available.

That being said, price drop to $24,500.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #35
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump. Price drop to $23,900.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #36
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Wow. Cheapest coupe ever! Glws. This would make a good track car
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #37
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
Wow. Cheapest coupe ever! Glws. This would make a good track car
Thanks! Like I said, it's a solid (and as you said, inexpensive) option out there. Though I haven't owned it long, it's treated me perfectly well for the past 7k or so miles and doesn't show the signs of being this super abused car that has been insinuated.

If she doesn't sell soon, I'll happily buy some snow rubber for it and move her back to KC and drive her for a long time.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #38
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump!

Having owned and driven the car for a while now, the so called history doesn't really shine through to be honest. It's still a clean car that runs very well despite "being beat on and not well maintained for X amount of time." I've owned a lot of cars over the years, and from driving this car around, it honestly doesn't seem to drive (or look, for that matter) any different from any other enthusiast car I've owned, despite this fabled history people keep talking about. Is it a perfect show car that you're going to win a Concourse event with? Probably not. Is it this horrible condition car that makes you cringe when you see it like everyone's making it out to be? Absolutely not. I've gotten numerous compliments on the car at several enthusiast events I've attended.

It's definitely one of the least expensive Z4M Coupes I've seen in a while, despite the fact that it's honestly free of any major issues and can essentially be purchased and driven for years and miles to come.

Like I said before, I don't mind keeping it because it's a great, solid car. @ $23,900, it's already pretty close to giving it away compared to what you normally see Z4M's selling for.

Appreciate 0