ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-27-2015, 09:23 AM   #1673
edmfperez
breaks things
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montegoblau 6MT

Smile New here...

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums (long time lurker), and am super excited to finally force my lazy ass to get an account. Can't wait to learn as much as I can about the zed four!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #1674
Husker Red
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M, Triple black

New owner in Georgia

Hello all,
Just bought a 2006 z4 M roadster. Bought it privately from a great guy who took meticulous care of it. I had a 1997 z3 2.8 that I sold to buy this one. It had over 170,000 miles and was still running strong.
Before the Z3 I had several BMW motorcycles that I put a bunch of miles on. R1200RT, R1100Rt, and R1150r. Great bikes, but I've got 3 little kids now and the risk/reward ratio was too high to be on 2 wheels for this point in my life. I'm sure I'll have another bike someday.
I'm a DIY type, so I've already reviewed a bunch of the articles on here. Thanks for the info.
Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #1675
B. Andera
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 3.0is Roadster

Unhappy Having problems with my 2011 BMW Z4 3.0is retractable roof

Hi Everyone!

I got my Z4 certified and pre-owned from Minnetonka BMW outside the cities in Minnesota. I got the car in August 2014. Since then, I will have had it in the shop 4 times for the retractable roof. I do not drive the car in the winter at all. No salt on my baby EVER. And yes, I am a girl. However, with that said, of the 3 months of nice weather to drive with the top down? In the shop 4 times! Uggh. First time back window stuck on the roof (hauled in to shop) second time back trunk lid would not close, 3rd time I smelled smoke and the back trunk lid was popping. But..... when I took it in they could not replicate so I tested in the shop and all seemed good. However, I informed them that I wanted to start a "case" with BMW Corp. This was on the 20th of April 2015. Now..... well I have video. 4 to be exact. I tried to attach but for some reason the attach button is not working. Neither is cut and paste..... any advice you wonderful smart BMW guys out there? Thanks in advance - Also I did notice that one of the forum members M7NDP (I think back in 2012) said he ALSO had a problem with his roof..... sorry I forgot to add - I have video of the back trunk lid "popping" being "jerky" on the way down. The third video? flashing light - stuck again.

Last edited by B. Andera; 04-29-2015 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #1676
Digs
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

M Coupe Down Under

Hi All,
New guy here just saying Hello and letting you know there is a Carbon Black (Dark metallic blue) M Coupe in Western Australia. Received this rare gem a month ago - bought it sight unseen and had it trucked across Australia. I had NEVER seen one in my life before and I'm not disappointed!! An incredible car which i'll make even better thanks to all you experts in this forumMy Eisenmann pipes should be here in a few weeks Wheels and coilovers next.

I just got my S54 plates on and had to snap a couple of quick pics:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #1677
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

car looks mint mate, pics inside and under hood buddy. Love the S54 plates, not sure about the Swann though > welcome, enjoy your stay mate..

bought unseen, where from? Specs, kms.. looks like the PO did a few things already to her always bloody awesome to see fellow Aussies here

cheers

Last edited by Vanne; 05-02-2015 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #1678
Digs
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Cheers Vanne, a fellow Aussie, awesome.
It's a 2008 model and I got her trucked over from Melbourne after only seeing a couple of dodgy pics - thankfully the PO was honest on the phone! She's got 48,000 kms and as soon as she arrived I screwed in a stubbie antenna and got the Xpel paint protection clear film installed on the whole front including bonnet and sides - hence the de-badge //M's.

I'm pretty sure it's got extended leather (leather everywhere!) interior is all black with the carbon leather dash and sat nav. Man I love this machine.

I just installed clutch pedal bushings from Condor (metal ones that replace the plastic ones and reduce side to side pedal slop). Thanks to Billsspace for install info.

Great to be here mate.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #1679
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

looks very neat mate. welcome.. a few more Aussies and we can take over this forum .. then the WORLD!!… "Brain… Narf!"
      05-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #1680
Redacre
6 Cylinders 3 Ways
Rep
Drives: M5, 911, Macan

Garage List
Quick update shot with the new EC-7s mounted. 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 with 245 and 275 PSS.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #1681
M-ster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 ///M Roadster

Purchased in April 2015 a Black Sapphire metallic 2006 ///M roadster, 27.5K km. Hello and thanks for having me.

Last edited by M-ster; 05-29-2015 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 03:23 PM   #1682
Katsumi
Registered
Rep
Drives: '05 Z4 3.0i

こんにちは!

My grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles had a succession of sports cars. Sunday summer afternoons were spent in grandfather's garage where at three years of age I had the very important job of keeping the tools in order. I distinctly remember a baby blue Sunbeam Tiger, a Jaguar XKE, a series of highly temperamental MGs, Austins and Triumphs and grandmother scolding for allowing me to become dirty and greasy and whisking me away for a bubble bath. I also recall wearing an orange life jacket and crawling into grandfather's lap to pilot a red Amphicar on Lake Winnebago and the boat registration numbers on the front fenders.

For years my winter / utility car was the Chrysler Town and Country hand-me-down from my parents which I received for my sixteenth birthday. We had a lot of good times together: hauling around the other cheerleaders when I was in high school and college, camping trips, tailgating in stadium parking lots at Green Bay Packer and Badger games, weekly trips to the village dump with fifty-five gallon drums of grass clippings and tree branches during summer. The minivan was becoming close to eligibility for "blue plates" (special collector's license plate that does not require annual renewal) but suffered a series of failures related to older vehicles. Windows, weatherstripping, brakelines, air conditioner (with the almost impossible-to-find old school of refrigerant), gasoline tank, etc. I purchased a Dodge Caravan with Stow 'N' Go seating in October.

My summer / fun car had been a 1967 Pontiac Firebird convertible with bench seats and shifter on the steering column. No air conditioning. She was getting to the point where she required frame-off restoration which is beyond my capabilities. I sold her in March.

I attended the Chicago Auto Show planning to wait on the 2016 Mazda MX-5. All the talk about one hundred and fifty-five horsepower and uncertainty over a release date concerned me. That and the golf club / luggage situation. I am a northern girl. Waiting until September for a car destined for winter storage in October did not leave for many weekend getaways.

There were several Nissan 350Zs that became available. Since it was to be a summer car and was a compromise of sorts, requirements were white with tan leather and grey or tan roof. Not that I have anything against black cars. The first 350Z sat out over winter. The roof did not retract properly. In retrospect, Nissan recommends not lowering the top unless the temperature is above 50° F / 10° C because the fabric is not pliable and taxes the motors.

I actually drove three hours north of my village to see another car and visit friends. Yes. And when I arrived at the dealership, I was informed a salesperson accepted a deposit on the car a half hour earlier and it was no longer available.

A few days later enroute home, I saw the Z4, stopped, took her for a test drive and wrote a check.

She is Sterling Grey Metallic with black leather and roof. Not at all what I wanted but it was kind of love at first sight. I have not named her yet. Heidi is in the running. Installed a second-hand vinyl and mesh wind deflector and we are considering buying her the Colgan bra. And as of last night when the dashboard warning light illuminated, we will be replacing her low beam lamps.

Thank you for admitting me to ZPOST.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #1683
koruptor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
こんにちは!

My grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles had a succession of sports cars. Sunday summer afternoons were spent in grandfather's garage where at three years of age I had the very important job of keeping the tools in order. I distinctly remember a baby blue Sunbeam Tiger, a Jaguar XKE, a series of highly temperamental MGs, Austins and Triumphs and grandmother scolding for allowing me to become dirty and greasy and whisking me away for a bubble bath. I also recall wearing an orange life jacket and crawling into grandfather's lap to pilot a red Amphicar on Lake Winnebago and the boat registration numbers on the front fenders.

For years my winter / utility car was the Chrysler Town and Country hand-me-down from my parents which I received for my sixteenth birthday. We had a lot of good times together: hauling around the other cheerleaders when I was in high school and college, camping trips, tailgating in stadium parking lots at Green Bay Packer and Badger games, weekly trips to the village dump with fifty-five gallon drums of grass clippings and tree branches during summer. The minivan was becoming close to eligibility for "blue plates" (special collector's license plate that does not require annual renewal) but suffered a series of failures related to older vehicles. Windows, weatherstripping, brakelines, air conditioner (with the almost impossible-to-find old school of refrigerant), gasoline tank, etc. I purchased a Dodge Caravan with Stow 'N' Go seating in October.

My summer / fun car had been a 1967 Pontiac Firebird convertible with bench seats and shifter on the steering column. No air conditioning. She was getting to the point where she required frame-off restoration which is beyond my capabilities. I sold her in March.

I attended the Chicago Auto Show planning to wait on the 2016 Mazda MX-5. All the talk about one hundred and fifty-five horsepower and uncertainty over a release date concerned me. That and the golf club / luggage situation. I am a northern girl. Waiting until September for a car destined for winter storage in October did not leave for many weekend getaways.

There were several Nissan 350Zs that became available. Since it was to be a summer car and was a compromise of sorts, requirements were white with tan leather and grey or tan roof. Not that I have anything against black cars. The first 350Z sat out over winter. The roof did not retract properly. In retrospect, Nissan recommends not lowering the top unless the temperature is above 50° F / 10° C because the fabric is not pliable and taxes the motors.

I actually drove three hours north of my village to see another car and visit friends. Yes. And when I arrived at the dealership, I was informed a salesperson accepted a deposit on the car a half hour earlier and it was no longer available.

A few days later enroute home, I saw the Z4, stopped, took her for a test drive and wrote a check.

She is Sterling Grey Metallic with black leather and roof. Not at all what I wanted but it was kind of love at first sight. I have not named her yet. Heidi is in the running. Installed a second-hand vinyl and mesh wind deflector and we are considering buying her the Colgan bra. And as of last night when the dashboard warning light illuminated, we will be replacing her low beam lamps.

Welcome!
      05-17-2015, 03:59 AM   #1684
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
こんにちは!

Yep, like K said, welcome!! pictures please, or it never happened