ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #67
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
getbmwparts e-mailed me the day after I placed the order to inform me of the $70 shipping charge. I replied to their e-mail saying OK but didn't a response. a few days later I looked at the return e-mail address on my reply and it didn't seem to be a valid e-mail address, so I found an e-mail address from a previous order and sent then another e-mail saying that I didn't think they got my original reply and re-confirming the shipping charge. I still haven't gotten a reply and my order shows "On hold". I'm kind of surprised since they've been very responsive with all of my previous orders.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #68
m5m3mc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M-B C63

Just checked in on this thread today. I ordered these in March from Crevier. Price was $201 each, CA tax added but no shipping charges. They were professionally painted by C&C in Alhambra. The painter (David) worked on samples until the final formulation passed muster. The match is perfect in every detail - I challenge anyone to tell me it doesn't look factory. A great addition aesthetically...takes away the concavity just aft of the door that I didn't care for.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #69
nesrevival
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC 07'

Finally painted aeroskirts.
I spent about $100 2 primer, 3 paints and 2 clear coat.
too lazy to install...
Attached Images

-----------------------------------------------------------
Gone: 2007 Supercharged ESS VT-525 Z4MC
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #70
Pheonix
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
getbmwparts e-mailed me the day after I placed the order to inform me of the $70 shipping charge. I replied to their e-mail saying OK but didn't a response. a few days later I looked at the return e-mail address on my reply and it didn't seem to be a valid e-mail address, so I found an e-mail address from a previous order and sent then another e-mail saying that I didn't think they got my original reply and re-confirming the shipping charge. I still haven't gotten a reply and my order shows "On hold". I'm kind of surprised since they've been very responsive with all of my previous orders.
Something is definitely wrong with their email system! I placed an order for a rotor on April 27th, got email from them with questions about the order. I answered it right away then hear nothing from them, sent 2 emails (one on May 2nd and then again on the 6th) still nothing. Finally I emailed Evan directly and he said they never received anything from me. I ended up cancelled the order! Their prices are very competitive but the services isn't that great!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #71
nesrevival
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Something is definitely wrong with their email system! I placed an order for a rotor on April 27th, got email from them with questions about the order. I answered it right away then hear nothing from them, sent 2 emails (one on May 2nd and then again on the 6th) still nothing. Finally I emailed Evan directly and he said they never received anything from me. I ended up cancelled the order! Their prices are very competitive but the services isn't that great!
yea.. I haven't received any emails from them.
Just order from ECS tuning, they have lower prices.
I sent them email and got back within 1 minute lol
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #72
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Ive never had a problem with their email.

Just got my quotation to paint. $550.00 from a BMW certified shop.

!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #73
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Yeah, I e-mailed them again last week asking if I could please get a current status on my order as I never got confirmation that they received my reply OKing the $70 shipping. No response. I've ordered from them well over a dozen times over the last three years and they've always been very responsive, but I'm pretty fed up with their customer service right now.

I'm pretty sure that I called them once but I can't seem to find their number. The e-mail address that I'm replying to is emailservice@trademotion.com. If anyone has a direct e-mail address or phone number I'd appreciate it.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #74
Pheonix
Major
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, I e-mailed them again last week asking if I could please get a current status on my order as I never got confirmation that they received my reply OKing the $70 shipping. No response. I've ordered from them well over a dozen times over the last three years and they've always been very responsive, but I'm pretty fed up with their customer service right now.

I'm pretty sure that I called them once but I can't seem to find their number. The e-mail address that I'm replying to is emailservice@trademotion.com. If anyone has a direct e-mail address or phone number I'd appreciate it.
Yes, very spotty services lately! There is no customer service number to call directly as I know. The only way is to AIM, PM or contact them via the website. I email Evan directly at evan@getbmwparts.com and he finally respond.
By the way, I got the side skirts painted and installed finally. For those whom missing the gasket, make sure you check the package and let them know which side is missing. I email them with the part number on one of the package (with the clips and gasket) and they still sent me the gasket from that package. I ended up with 2 LEFT side Gaskets and had to re-use the old one
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #75
nesrevival
First Lieutenant
Rep

Finally installed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #76
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Where are your wheels? Just looks like a big black space lol

Also did you trim the front of the skirt? Looks like its poking out from the car....
      05-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #77
nesrevival
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Where are your wheels? Just looks like a big black space lol

Also did you trim the front of the skirt? Looks like its poking out from the car....
It was already trimmed when I got. AND IT IS MUD FLAP
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #78
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aston V8VS, F85 X5M, TVR, 128i

That front edge doesn't look right, the lines don't match. What's going on with it? I know some people have had to trim one of the skirts.

I haven't had mine sprayed yet!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #79
Jroc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalecan View Post
That front edge doesn't look right, the lines don't match. What's going on with it? I know some people have had to trim one of the skirts.

I haven't had mine sprayed yet!
Its because he has a front mudflap.
      05-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #80
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I finally got a response from getbmwparts.com!

After three follow-up e-mails with no response, I used the mail form on their website and sent the following message:
Subject: I need a status on my order!
OrderID: 313XXXXX
I placed this order a month ago. I received an e-mail indicating that shipping would be $70. I acknowledged and OKed this the same day. The order has shown Processing and On Hold since then. I've followed up with e-mails twice requesting acknowledgement that I confirmed the shipping with no response. I sent another e-mail almost two weeks ago requesting that you please give me the status of my order, again with no response. I've placed 15 prior orders with you over the last three years worth thousands of dollars with no problem, so I'm really amazed how poor your customer service has been with this order. Whats going on? Am I going to receive this order or not?
Their reply:
Hi Tom, thanks again for your order and our apologies for the delay. The right-side rocker panel has been backordered out of Germany since the order was approved and put into processing. BMW does show an ETA for these to start shipping to the US on 5/22. So, as long as this date holds true, we should be able to fill and ship your order before the end of the month (hopefully).

Thanks again, and please let me know if you need anything else -

Jason Reighard | Internet Parts Manager

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #81
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroc View Post
Its because he has a front mudflap.
Yea I don't know about mudflaps(it appears they are on the back too) on a Z4... I think I would just clear bra the areas I was concerned about. In California no less!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #82
zzzzz
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashplate View Post
Boy the aero Sideskirts have gotten cheap!

Now down to 180 a side!
I'm getting my bumper spray next week also
Perfect timing! Thanks Op

Last edited by zzzzz; 05-19-2014 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #83
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzz View Post
Mine was $169 each plus tax
I'm getting my bumper spray next week also
so $100 extra the owner said. Perfect timing! Thanks Op
Where did you buy yours?

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #84
zzzzz
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Where did you buy yours?
My local BMW dealership price matched
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #85
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aston V8VS, F85 X5M, TVR, 128i

Finally painted and fitted. I love the new look.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #86
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just wanted to report that I received my aero skirts a little more than two weeks ago, just before I left for a 12-day 5-state, 4-National Park tour of the Southwest, which included 5 days at Oktoberfest 2014 in Beaver Creek Colorado, visits with various relatives along the way, and lots of non-freeway mountain driving (this was in my wife's 335is Coupe).

Got home and found a letter from MileOne Automotive:
Security Breach Notification

We are writing to inform you of a recent security incident originating at one of our third party vendors, TradeMotion, involving the unauthorized acquisition of customer credit card information.

TradeMotion hosts and operates automobile parts websites for auto dealers nationwide, including MileOne's websites GetBMW Parts.com... TradeMotion operates all aspects of the online transaction including payment processing. TradeMotion has notified MileOne that they discovered an incident involving the unauthorized acquisition of customer information from March 5, 2014 to May 17, 2014. TradeMotion's investigation indicates that, as a result of the incident, customers' personal information such as name, street address, telephone number, email address and credit card number may have been compromised. TradeMotion has advised MileOne that the appropriate authorities have been notified and that TradeMotion has enhanced its security apparatus including by (sic) deleting all credit card information and replacing the server that it believes was the subject of the breach."
In addition, there is advice to "be vigilant over the next 12 to 24 months for incidents of fraud or identify theft", reviewing your account statements closely, and monitoring credit reports. They are also offering a complimentary one-year membership in an Experian credit monitoring service.

Now I just need to get the aero skirts painted and mounted.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #87
jeebus87
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 atacama yellow Z4 35i

Quote:
I just wanted to report that I received my aero skirts a little more than two weeks ago, just before I left for a 12-day 5-state, 4-National Park tour of the Southwest, which included 5 days at Oktoberfest 2014 in Beaver Creek Colorado, visits with various relatives along the way, and lots of non-freeway mountain driving (this was in my wife's 335is Coupe).

Got home and found a letter from MileOne Automotive:

snip

My CC got a couple k in fraudulent charges a couple days after I placed my order. Thankfully they took everything off and sent me a new card. Hopefully everyone is keeping an eye out on their charges - might be best to just request a new card from your bank.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:08 AM   #88
Pheonix
Major
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Same here! My CC got over $3500 of fraudulent charges less than a day from the time I ordered mines. I did not know where they got my CC information from at the time but now I know for sure it was from their online service. The charges were reversed and I got a new card as well.
Appreciate 0