ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Lemonier1
Rep
Drives: Silver 2003 BMW Z4 Sports

How to remove center console

Anyone know how to remove the plastic center console i would like to remove it and restore it. Not exactly sure where to start. Being plastic i am afraid of breaking off some tab or other part by prying in the wrong place with the wrong tool and make matters worse. Anybody ??
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
cts198505
cts198505
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonier1 View Post
Anyone know how to remove the plastic center console i would like to remove it and restore it. Not exactly sure where to start. Being plastic i am afraid of breaking off some tab or other part by prying in the wrong place with the wrong tool and make matters worse. Anybody ??
Is your car a coupe or Roadster?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
cts198505
cts198505
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonier1 View Post
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/6042EN.pdf here is the link to take the rear console out if it's a Roadster. After you get that out it will allow you to get to those screws under it. Then there are some plastic covers four that are visible along the center console, pop those off and take the screws out. Pull up the e brake pad next. Then take the two leather pads off on the side of the console, take those screws out next. Then pull your e brake up and pull the leather boot forward and there will be a zip tie, cut it and pull the boot off. Then remove the ash tray and screws under that. Now the shifter boot should un snap allowing you to pull the console up enough to disconnect your lights and air bag off light. Then you should be able to lift the console out. At some point in this you do have to pull the gear back to un do something but I can't remember when this happens sorry. Just be careful not to break any clips and just take your time with it. Sorry if this isn't detailed enough but I'm just kind of in a hurry. E-mail me if you have any questions. Hope this helps! stevenclark95@Gmail.com
Appreciate 0