ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
z3mctoz4mc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1999 M Coupe

Anyone close to Napa?

I'm a z3 m coupe guy looking to buy a z4 m coupe. is there anyone relatively close to napa who wouldn't mind showing me their z4mc for a few minutes? i'd be happy to give someone a ride in my car in exchange for a short ride in theirs (i have an s52). and as dumb as it may sound, i'd like to hear the stereo.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Not sure about Napa, but there are a few of us spread out in the Bay Area, some in Sacramento, San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay. Check out the Exhaust 'Fest thread in this section of the forum for the pictures of most of us getting together last week.

I think there is a meet on May 5th that a few of us are planning to go to so you might be able to meet us there, details also in this section of the forum, but that might be the best bet for now.

We all had such a great time last weekend, so we're all trying to get together again soon, so if you can't make that I'm sure there will be another meet coming up again.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
gtMc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
if you are really interested in the stereo, be prepared to be dissappointed by anything thats a stock e86 audio setup. check out the audio section on this forum, 'working with carver subs', or 'experimental amp coding' for more detail.
      04-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
if you are really interested in the stereo, be prepared to be dissappointed by anything thats a stock e86 audio setup. check out the audio section on this forum, 'working with carver subs', or 'experimental amp coding' for more detail.
Indeed. But with the right exhaust, you'll be thinking "stereo, hmm, yeah, I guess this car has a stereo, IDK, who cares!"
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #5
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Indeed. But with the right exhaust, you'll be thinking "stereo, hmm, yeah, I guess this car has a stereo, IDK, who cares!"
Very true...even with my stock cans, I hardly listen to the stereo. Funny how I always upgrade my stereo (no matter how small of an upgrade it is) on every car that I've own. Somehow, for the M, I don't have the urge to do the stereo upgrade Instead, I find myself wanting a better exhaust sound (still in search of one). Too bad there isn't a SoCal Exhaust'Fest
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Instead, I find myself wanting a better exhaust sound (still in search of one). Too bad there isn't a SoCal Exhaust'Fest
If you build it, they will come...trust me...hahah
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
z3mctoz4mc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1999 M Coupe

i'll be in sf saturday for a legal conference, anyone close to sf feel like meeting up early evening and showing me their car real quick?

gferil, are you going to the meetup that day?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
dorifto88
Major
Rep
Drives: 88 Nissan Pathfinder

im out in sac, if you want to meet me there for a bit. id LOVE a ride in my dream chasis =)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
gtMc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Very true...even with my stock cans, I hardly listen to the stereo. Funny how I always upgrade my stereo (no matter how small of an upgrade it is) on every car that I've own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
yes, 100% on board with you both, I actually dont listen to the stereo that much either - and I love the sound of the stock cans, esp between 4k and 6k rpms. The stereo for me only comes in handy when I have a passenger.... then its nice to drown out... other sounds....

Last edited by gtMc; 05-01-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0