ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
A rehash: diablos Vs SS race exhaust

Had the diablos. No complaints. Thinking of the supersprints. I want eisenmanns but they are out of my price league. Anyone ever hear these side by side? Price difference goes to the diablos but wondering if the SS cans are worth the other $300?
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
SlikM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe

really like my Supersprint Race cans, i did get them used on here but they sound great! Want the Eisenmann Race too but just as you said $$$$$$ doesnt grow on trees!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

i dunno, maybe save the 300 and go with diablos again since you liked them? i dont think the sound is that different, but i'm sure there's bias to supersprint owners as well as diablo owners. i own diablos and have heard supersprint in person.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Only one thing bout the Diablos i dont like(now this is anal) but the tips dont stick out far enough from the bodywork. Other than that they are golden.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Only one thing bout the Diablos i dont like(now this is anal) but the tips dont stick out far enough from the bodywork. Other than that they are golden.
I agree completely, I wish more was showing to show off the amazing finish
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Also remember you came over to dark side and there might be some drone in your coupe with the diablos > SS.

From what I've heard (on youtube) I'm prety much getting a full SS system when I get the funds to, piece by piece that is.

haven't heard either in person, but it's all a personal preference. my line of thinking, and this is with anything not just my car...

if YOU like it, and can afford it, GET IT. just ask anyone with a Gruppe M intake if it was worth the $$?
      10-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Mine sticks out on one side. The other side is flush with the bumper. When they get warm and expand, it's almost unnoticeable. Lol. I like how the tips are thicker and rounded.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Bump this for more input.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Have the Eisenmann Races in my coupe now. Seem much more quiet than my previous Diablos on the vert. NO drone whatsoever with stock x-pipe. Will be getting an RE x-pipe in March and will report back. Tips look a little better on the EIS's IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

^thanks. I have an RE xpipe on order. Would love the Eisenmann but definitely not in the budget. Tips look better than both the SS and the diablo?

Want to find one of these 3 used but doesn't seem likely as anything I've found ....owners aren't willing to ship to Canada from US. At least our dollar is at par now.
Appreciate 0