ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-13-2015, 01:40 AM   #23
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

Just remove your muffler boxes and slap on 2 glass packs. If it's not loud enough remove your resonator. It'll cost you less than $500 including labor.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #24
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M_LEV View Post
Just remove your muffler boxes and slap on 2 glass packs. If it's not loud enough remove your resonator. It'll cost you less than $500 including labor.
I would be interested in hearing. Looks like the goal was cheap and loud?
      11-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #25
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I would be interested in hearing. Looks like the goal was cheap and loud?
That's not my setup, that's just what I encourage for people to do if they want to get a good exhaust sound for a low price. If you do go with that setup, it wont be too loud.

My setup is a little different, and very loud. I literally ditched my Miesterchaft system cause it wasn't producing the exact sound I was looking for.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #26
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

I thought I would ad a final thought about the exhaust.
I know MANY on here just can't deal with how "loud" the RPI exhaust is. Saying that though is very misleading. Yes after I made the install and drove the car the first time I though HOLY CRAP I have made a $1000 mistake! They were VERY loud and the drone was miserable. Then Rg4s and Cfine888 kept telling me be patient, after a few hundred miles they will change. WOW have they changed!
Cranking the car is so intoxicating! The initial rumble is perfect, at least to me.
After the car warms up the exhaust note mellows into something like "dare I say it" a Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren note. Yes cruising at 80 mph the drone can get to you a slight bit. The sound only really barks under hard acceleration. I have had many turn and stare just to hear the car go by now, where that never happened with the stock cans. Lest I forget the sound gets even better once you hit that sport button. I know RPI says 7 more horsepower, and ya know it very well might be in sport mode. I was just playing with the sport button the other day and while driving I pushed it back to normal mode, the sound immediately changed to a far quieter note. Lastly the sound the car makes now while heel-toe bliping the throttle on down shifts is PURE HEAVEN. Summation, no this is NOT the perfect exhaust, just like there are people really out there that think a Ferrari is nothing but a car. No I am not comparing the RPI to a Ferrari, all I am saying is they have a very exotic note and a sound to my ears that is so perfect.

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #27
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
It's worth noting that there's a huge difference between mufflers only, and mufflers combined with catless headers and s-pipe. Catless headers and s-pipe increased the volume of my exhaust more than "race" mufflers like the Diablos or Supersprint.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0