ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Certified Pre-Owned ( CPO) Reconditioning Changes

I came across this when I was searching for SIB's for my MC...

This is for informational purposes only.

SI B01 05 08
Warranties
July 2008
Warranties

SUBJECT
Certified Pre-Owned ( CPO) Reconditioning Changes

SITUATION

As announced in two separate June 2008 Sales Bulletins, there have been some policy changes to the CPO reconditioning requirements. The following three excerpts highlight these changes and they are all effective July 1, 2008.

Windshields:The requirement to replace all Non-Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) windshields, regardless of condition, with an Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) BMW windshield will be eliminated. Non-OEM replacement windshields that are physically sound (i.e., not chipped, cracked or scratched) no longer need to be replaced, provided that the replacement windshield conforms to all vehicle specific BMW equipment such as, but not limited to, Heads-Up-Display, Night Vision Infrared, and Rain Sensor. Note that any windshield — whether it is a BMW or non-BMW windshield — that needs replacement (reference Section 3: Body Condition Fit & Finish of the Certified Pre-Owned Operations Manual, page 40) must still be replaced with the appropriate OEM BMW windshield.

"Star" Tires:
The requirement to use only "Star" marked replacement tires has been eliminated. Replacement tires as specified in KSD (with regard to manufacturer, tire name, size, load, speed rating) continue to be the only allowable tires, but the tires no longer have to carry the Star mark on the sidewall. The BMW Tire Center program will make these non-Star-marked tires available for your purchase. The BMW Tire Center program offers a number of important benefits for your center including: super-competitive prices, one-stop shopping, and tire warranty resolution through the BMW Tire Center Target Satisfaction program. The Tire Center program also provides the extra benefits of Points Plus, CPO tire rebates, and achievement of the Tire PNVR measure of the Aftersales Performance Bonus Program.

Maintenance:The guidelines will be revised to require that both "Due" and "Recommended" maintenance actions should be performed. This means, for example, that if the Condition Based Service Data on the Key Reader Report says that an oil change is "Due" and new brakes are "Recommended", your center should go ahead and perform both services. You need to maintain the Key Reader Report, supporting these repairs, in the service file, and you can submit for claim reimbursement on both maintenance services in the usual way.The original BMW Automotive Sales Bulletins are located in Centernet: Menu>BMW>Automotive Sales Portal>Certified Pre-Owned>Bulletins
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
vicj
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 M Roadster; 2010 Mini

Interesting info. Obviously trying to save money. I wonder if a dealership would pass that savings on to a customer?

Ha! What am I thinking??
Appreciate 0