ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
danlauz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: z4m 2007+x5 2009+330 cic 2003

Importing Z4m To Canada - Problems

I am importing a used Z4M next week to canada and, initially the dealer (which I am not taking the car as I am purshasing it from a Acura dealer) close that this Acura dealer had given me a letter (with BMW logo at the top, coming from Knauz BMW) indicating that, there was NO outstanding recalls pending on this car + serial numer of the car). I send by e-mail this copy of the letter to RIV to be approved and, they just told me on the phone that, its not acceptable as, they need a warranty vehicule inquiry or vehicule (VIN) History report.

I e-mail back the dealer and, they are refusing to do it, asking to contact customers relations.

is there a way to have that crazy letter ? With all the information I had seen on forums, the latest was that RIV was accepting thoses letters.

what should I do ?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlauz View Post
I am importing a used Z4M next week to canada and, initially the dealer (which I am not taking the car as I am purshasing it from a Acura dealer) close that this Acura dealer had given me a letter (with BMW logo at the top, coming from Knauz BMW) indicating that, there was NO outstanding recalls pending on this car + serial numer of the car). I send by e-mail this copy of the letter to RIV to be approved and, they just told me on the phone that, its not acceptable as, they need a warranty vehicule inquiry or vehicule (VIN) History report.

I e-mail back the dealer and, they are refusing to do it, asking to contact customers relations.

is there a way to have that crazy letter ? With all the information I had seen on forums, the latest was that RIV was accepting thoses letters.

what should I do ?
Have YOU tried calling BMWUSA with the VIN of the car and asking for a report? I got one from my dealer the first time I went in for service.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
daveysew
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '91 318is/'05 Z4 SC/'18 440ix

You can also look on the BMW USA website I believe that there is a section where you just type in the VIN and it gives you a report. I did the same thing when I imported a Triumph motorcycles a few years ago. You can also asked the dealer who gave you the letter to pit their dealer stamp on it, as that along with the VIN and the recall history is all RIV wants. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlauz View Post
I am importing a used Z4M next week to canada.......

what should I do ?

How did you make out with it???
Appreciate 0