ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Aceway
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i / F25 28i

WTB: E85 3.0L Manual

Looking for a decent condition E85 3.0L manual. Not trying to spend more than 5k but for the right car there's some wiggle room.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Unless you get really lucky I think 5k is not reasonable for a 3.0.
You may get lucky but more than likely at that price there will be many thousands $$ worth of maintenance and new parts required to bring to standard.
Cooling system and suspension come to mind of what I had to replace immediately.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #3
Aceway
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i / F25 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
You may get lucky but more than likely at that price there will be many thousands $$ worth of maintenance and new parts required to bring to standard.
Cooling system and suspension come to mind of what I had to replace immediately.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I take a look at some Z4's around my area. I don't expect to get anything in perfect working condition with my price range but I'm looking for a project anyways.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #4
wiliulfo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
+1

I would also add, get a pre-purchase inspection done and don't buy the first car you find!

In October 2016 I picked up a 2003 automatic 3.0i with 121k miles. I didn't know much about these cars other than I REEEEEEALLY wanted one. So I drove from So. Cal to Vegas where I did a visual inspection and agreed to buy the car for $5.5k after a 10 minute test drive.

Since then, I've probably dropped another $2k - $3k on a newer (working) convertible top, 2x thermostats, newer suspension, spark plugs, oil sensors, a front bumper refresh, new stereo, and various odds and ends.

If I were to go through the process again, I would probably have budgeted about $10k, and would have looked for a 2006+ manual..

Nevertheless, it's been very enjoyable getting to work on this thing and getting to know the M54 engine...

Good luck on your search!
Appreciate 0