ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #23
lrcigar
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 2.5 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by musseilm View Post
Tips are not welted straight next to each other. and one is slightly twisted by 10degrees. I am just let the muffler shop cut them of and weld them again.

I am disappointed.
The one i received also has a slight twist, but less than yours. i'm having mine installed over the weekend, but i'm not having any changes since the tips aren't going to stick out anyway. it won't be noticeble unless you go under the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #24
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Wow.. that's pretty bad.
very sloppy work.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #25
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Wow.. that's pretty bad.
very sloppy work.
X2. Looks like a cheap knockoff.
      10-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #26
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

that's crazy.....you paid money and that's what you got? im soooo glad i never purchased from them.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #27
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

Out of curiosity, do you think these are actual Stebro exhausts or possibly a knock off? Poor customer service and poor quality are not cool.

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #28
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
that looks like the stebro muffler i purchased a while back but i don't recall exact details on the tips. but like i said before, i didn't think it was worth paying up that much for just a muffler. magnaflow would've been much cheaper, and no customer service or quality issues with them. i would NOT accept that, why should you pay more and have someone hack the tips and correct? get your money back and go with a different product.
      10-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #29
Tan Auto Parts
Rep
Drives: Nissan Altima

Jim, i have already answered to you, i have contacted Stebro. Call Dan at

Direct Lines
613-212-8765
or 613-212-8762

preferably in a morning.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #30
Tan Auto Parts
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
that looks like the stebro muffler i purchased a while back but i don't recall exact details on the tips. but like i said before, i didn't think it was worth paying up that much for just a muffler. magnaflow would've been much cheaper, and no customer service or quality issues with them. i would NOT accept that, why should you pay more and have someone hack the tips and correct? get your money back and go with a different product.
Back in a day, when i worked at Stebro we had a customer coming with his Mustang i believe, i had to cut and reassemble the rear pipes for his toy, he got a MagnaFlow muffler, we charged him 3 hours installation labor, job was not easy, i did it personally. What i'm trying to say everybody makes mistakes, i know Stebro imperfections like nobody else, that's why i do distribution for them. I got held up in a traffic while coming to Stebro, Dan had to leave to bring his kids to hockey, he could not wait, he said to me exhaust where very nice...exhaust systems where wrapped before i could check them...i regret it miserably...every exhaust will be inspected, it's getting harder to trust when these mistakes happen.
Customer was proposed a refund but he asked for a partial refund instead of return, he got 20% back, 100$ in 2 days after contacting us, this money will be deducted from Stebro for a mistake that was made. I had a meeting with Stebro personal today, we have discussed the problems. Even tho muffler is under the car - i care about all the look, fit and finish. I will make sure of every exhaust before i pay. I have the power to do that.

Regards, Serge

Last edited by Tan Auto Parts; 10-08-2010 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #31
Tan Auto Parts
Rep

As far as tips - they can be stretched aside from each other with bare hands, side of the can is flexible, they don't need to be re welded...

If there is anymore questions - do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Regards,

Last edited by Tan Auto Parts; 10-07-2010 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: addition
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #32
Tan Auto Parts
Rep

Follow Up

We received a 5 star feedback from both customers, here is the exhaust installed on Z4 SOUND CLIP :

Thanks for your attention.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #33
Rudyistaken1
Rep
Drives: Porsche 930

I was googling Stebro scam as I too am in the process of getting scammed Stebro on an exhaust for my Porsche 930. Only difference is am in Canada and out of principle will be suing them. There is lots of background which i will share however giving the benefit of the doubt i will wait. He has promised my exhaust to deliver on Wenesday of this week and failing this happening he has been put on notice and i will sue. Situation seems very similar and will post here Wednesday pending the outcome. My regret is not googling prior to trusting a 50 year old company.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #34
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyistaken1 View Post
I was googling Stebro scam as I too am in the process of getting scammed Stebro on an exhaust for my Porsche 930. Only difference is am in Canada and out of principle will be suing them. There is lots of background which i will share however giving the benefit of the doubt i will wait. He has promised my exhaust to deliver on Wenesday of this week and failing this happening he has been put on notice and i will sue. Situation seems very similar and will post here Wednesday pending the outcome. My regret is not googling prior to trusting a 50 year old company.
Yea man, I made the same mistake on you and was so excited at finding what I thought was a good product that I didn't do my due diligence. It seems like Tan Auto Parts is stepping up as the middleman, so maybe it's safer to go with him but going directly with Stebro seems unwise.

Dan was quick to answer every email leading up to payment. After payment was sent though, he took his sweet time replying to my emails, always coming up with excuses as to why the shipment was delayed. Eventually I got the product and it fell short of all my expectations.

1) Fitment was garbage, maybe for the pre-facelift Z4 it works, but not on the post-facelift, it requires custom work which is not what was advertised

2) Sound was terrible. Drone from 2750 rpms to 3500 which is where you do most of your driving. Not to mention, the exhaust was super quiet in the higher rpms and only loud in the lower rpms - so that means once you got on the throttle, the exhaust would only get quieter and quieter lol.

It was only after I threatened to report Dan/Stebro to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) he then responded to my emails but by then it was too late.
      01-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #35
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Yea man, I made the same mistake on you and was so excited at finding what I thought was a good product that I didn't do my due diligence. It seems like Tan Auto Parts is stepping up as the middleman, so maybe it's safer to go with him but going directly with Stebro seems unwise.

Dan was quick to answer every email leading up to payment. After payment was sent though, he took his sweet time replying to my emails, always coming up with excuses as to why the shipment was delayed. Eventually I got the product and it fell short of all my expectations.

1) Fitment was garbage, maybe for the pre-facelift Z4 it works, but not on the post-facelift, it requires custom work which is not what was advertised

2) Sound was terrible. Drone from 2750 rpms to 3500 which is where you do most of your driving. Not to mention, the exhaust was super quiet in the higher rpms and only loud in the lower rpms - so that means once you got on the throttle, the exhaust would only get quieter and quieter lol.

It was only after I threatened to report Dan/Stebro to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) he then responded to my emails but by then it was too late.
All I can say is WOW !!

Although my Stebro unit looks slightly different than whats shown here....mainly the tips......I'm very pleased with the sound and quality of mine.

I do not find any of the same complaints applying to my experience.

Hope all gets resolved.

Cheers,Vinny
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #36
Rudyistaken1
Rep

Yep scammed. He actually just gave me a tracking number for a package that has not been picked up nor is someone on route to do so?

I have delayed filing my claim as he has been jerking me around all week and I guess I had some hope and really dont feel like dealing with this.....however I will.

What floors me is that why does he bother? Why doesn't he just not bother responding rather than responding with a bunch of crap. 50 year old company what a shame. Todays a write off but i am clearly documented so guarantee to make the guys life a bit more difficult anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #37
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyistaken1 View Post
Yep scammed. He actually just gave me a tracking number for a package that has not been picked up nor is someone on route to do so?

I have delayed filing my claim as he has been jerking me around all week and I guess I had some hope and really dont feel like dealing with this.....however I will.

What floors me is that why does he bother? Why doesn't he just not bother responding rather than responding with a bunch of crap. 50 year old company what a shame. Todays a write off but i am clearly documented so guarantee to make the guys life a bit more difficult anyway.
Wouldn't go to extent of calling it scammed - same happened to me, you will eventually get your package but just like me, it'll take much longer for it to ship/receive.
      01-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #38
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500

Quote:
so that means once you got on the throttle, the exhaust would only get quieter and quieter lol.
wow unique..... an exhaust thats louder when you out the hammer down!! lol!!

Really sorry to lol @ your misfortune but this made me smile!! Never heard anythink like it!!

Tan respect for standing up to the be the fall guy but i cant help in thinking your business would be far better off without dealing with this shit..... in the long run it could be damaging for you.

The term " you can't polish a turd" never seemed more fitting. Stebro you SUCK ASS!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #39
Arxangel
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
The term " you can't polish a turd" never seemed more fitting. Stebro you SUCK ASS!!!
Actually, I will have to correct you on that. The Mythbusters proved that you, in fact, could polish a t*** literally, in one of their episodes.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #40
Rudyistaken1
Rep

Well update on this after getting a false tracking number on Wednesday I got extremely childish and sent close to 100 emails asking why?? Why would Dan screw me around on this? I honestly cant understand the rationale. It is not like he retiring off my exhaust price so whats the point?

Anyway after consistant pestering, reporting to the better business bureau and doing up the application for a small claim (didn't file it yet). I have received confirmation that "a" package is on its way through purolator. What it is? I have no idea.

I am completely baffled by this whole ordeal. Stebro if you are reading....all I want to know is why it took this to get something I paid for in good faith???

Will update as to what I get.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #41
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

bottom line, if you want the exhaust. DO NOT BUY DIRECT FROM STEBRO.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #42
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

i agree
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #43
Rudyistaken1
Rep

Got my exhaust...wow. I used to be excited about it..now I don't really care.

Looks to be intact however no mounting kits as promised. Emailed Dan and he advised that it will be coming directly from Porsche....included apparently means it comes at a later date from another company. I have held my claim for a few days to see if this is in fact bs as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #44
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

next time dont buy shit from Canada, period.
Buying from Canada is like supporting Justin Bieber......seriously
Appreciate 0