ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Jim In Orlando
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si

Warning about Stebro Company

Stebro claimed to have an exhaust for my 2007 3.0si sitting in the warehouse and ready to ship. Dan from Stebro claimed he could ship it to me in one week. I sent funds via paypal on Sept. 2nd and did a follow up email 3 weeks later asking for exhaust or refund. Dan responded via email that he wanted to call me to "discuss the situation". I told him I preferred to communicate via email. I have sent 4 requests for an explanation, exhaust or a refund and have gotten NO response. Do not do business with this company.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Lucky for you your insured through papal so you will get a full refund and they will hunt him for the money file a claim ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Maroon
Private First Class
Qatar
Rep
Drives: Z4C

The same thing happened with me over a year ago and never got the refund nor the exhaust...

I can't really do anything since I'm in a different continent and I trusted him and paid him through Western Union.

So, I really hope that you get him in trouble for his cheating.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

like i said file a claim with paypal, they will make his paypal account in the negative and give you back your money, thats the beutey of paypal. if he cant grant paypal with proof that the exhaust was shipped to your adress then he's screwed! you get your refund he gets
his bank account drained from paypal they just take their money back and refund you, then he has to refund paypal. their insured for this kind of thing so you should not have any issues.

just send them all the emails and present your story of all the details and leave out nothing, once he is unable to present sufficent proof that the exhaust was sent they will settle in your favore and refund your money. it may take a couple of weeks but it may scare him in to getting your refund sooner.

good luck, happened to me on a sepperate incedent but i got a full refund!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I've also heard of unlucky people when they try to get their money back from Paypal, but no-one I know personally, so I can't be sure if their "story" was legit or not.

In any case, ~!@#$%^&*()_+ scammers. Scum of this world
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
same thing with me, they are MORE THAN HAPPY to respond to any email PRIOR to a sale. the second they get your funds, not so responsive. they send you a tone of BS emails about ship dates, and when it doesn't arrive they come up with excuses like customs or whatever. end of day, you will get it but it'll take 3-4x as long as originally quoted.

and btw, i hate to break it to you but the fitment will be sh*t on your car. unless they updated their design (which i seriously doubt), their mufflers were meant for the pre-facelift z4. i ordered one a while back for my 3.0si and it was not plug and play, you had to mess with hangers. also, you might not be that happy with the sound levels...

seems like you're new here, try to research more before buying any product. wish you the best but if it hasn't shipped out, maybe you can call your credit card company, get a charge back and cancel your order. if i were you, for the same price or less, get a magnaflow muffler and go custom piping (since stebro is muffler only anyway). or get a bastuck like i did, perfect fitment...
      09-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
lrcigar
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 2.5 Roadster

Damn, i just ordered a stebro muffler for my 2003 2.5i through ebay. they accepted an offer for $500. I hope I don't get screwed.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrcigar View Post
Damn, i just ordered a stebro muffler for my 2003 2.5i through ebay. they accepted an offer for $500. I hope I don't get screwed.
1. you could've had for cheaper. they advertise a higher msrp anticipating a discounted offer. doubt you overpaid, thats close to their "normal" price but i think i got mine for slightly less at the time.

2. at least it will FIT

3. it might be louder than you'd prefer

4. yes, expect a wait time of at least 3 weeks.
      09-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
lrcigar
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
1. you could've had for cheaper. they advertise a higher msrp anticipating a discounted offer. doubt you overpaid, thats close to their "normal" price but i think i got mine for slightly less at the time.

2. at least it will FIT

Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
strokeZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 M3 6MT

Yeah, I got one of their mufflers 2 months used from a local guy here who was parting his car. Sounds great and get lots of compliments. I called Stebro for some nice chromed tips for the thing and they were really responsive at first, but after 2 back to back emails the guy just disappeared. There are TONS of complaints with this guy not only here!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

yea paypal wont return your money if its a deposit and or something else, but an all out scam like this he shouldent be to worried, their will always be the lucky few that dont get justice but if he keeps at it, it should work out for him!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
musseilm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Mineral Gray

Hi guys,

Just ordered an exhaust with them over ebay. Their paypal account did not work with ebay so he asked me to transfer to money straight from PayPal to PayPal. I did that and he shipped the exhaust the next day.

It should be here next week. I'll let you know if there is an exhaust in the package or bricks.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
Jim In Orlando
Registered
Rep

I finally heard back from Stebro, They are SUPPOSED to be sending a refund check. I am not holding my breath although I did threaten to fly up to Canada and straighten it out in person. Stebro also had me send my money to an email address which means you can't file a claim with paypal because there are no goods or services tied to the email address. I hope you folks get your exhaust but I would not bet on it, If I don't get my refund I am flying to Canada and the cost be damned. It is personal at this time.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #14
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

not that this is a joking matter, but I just LMAO at their B&M address.
"50 Slack Road, Ottawa"
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
Tan Auto Parts
Rep
Drives: Nissan Altima

Hello everybody! Stebro had many complains about the customer service, like Timing and Response. One guy, Dan, was trying to take care of the customer service, product supply, and many other things. Man that has 4 kids...unrealistic, right

We are here to take care of customer service and distribution, please follow the comments of the guys who just recently purchased exhaust systems, this will describe our service. If anybody have any problems with Stebro exhaust please contact me directly by sending a message.

As far as pricing - its hard to get the exhaust cheaper and get a quality customer service after, thats why prices are going up as well as the customer service. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #16
Jim In Orlando
Registered
Rep

Google shows no Tan Auto Parts. Where are we supposed to contact you? What part of my experience shows customer service going up?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Stebro's customer service sucks period. I've dealt with Dan directly and the guy is just an expert on making up excuses. After my horrible buying experience I would never recommend their product.
      10-02-2010, 06:59 AM   #18
lrcigar
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown;

2. at least it will FIT

Well everyone I got the muffler yesterday. 2 days by the way, like I said before, I bought it through eBay, and it was from TanAutoParts. If anyone is considering buying a Stebro muffler, buy from TanAutoParts through eBay.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
Tan Auto Parts
Rep
Drives: Nissan Altima

Thank you lrcigar, i`m glad that you are satisfied with your purchase! I appreciate the details.

We can not lead anybody to us due to certain restrictions on the forums. It`s easier now.

I`m not used to the forums myself, Jim In Orlando, you can contact me directly here on a forum by sending a message if you like.

There should be one more comment, guy who purchased another one lives further so he should get his in couple of business days.

Oh By the way...to the construction companies : we do not sell bricks

Last edited by Tan Auto Parts; 10-03-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #20
Jim In Orlando
Registered
Rep

Tan Auto Parts. Ordered and paid for muffler on 9/2/10. Promised that it was ready to ship and would receive in 7 days. It is now 10/5/10 with no muffler shipped and no response to refund request. I want my money back. I am not going away and will fly up to Canada and deal with Dan P. in person if necessary. If you have any pull with Stebro tell them I want my money back. Jim in Orlando
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #21
musseilm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Guys,

Received mine today. Looks good and everything as promised.

Last edited by musseilm; 05-15-2012 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
musseilm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Tips are not welted straight next to each other. and one is slightly twisted by 10degrees. I am just let the muffler shop cut them of and weld them again.

I am disappointed.
Appreciate 0