ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.5i Z4 2004

Wanted: Z4 M Roadster in Bronze or Space Gray with extended leather

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'm looking for a Z4 M Roadster in either Sepang Bronze or Space Gray with the extended leather package.

I have search alerts for the major used car sites, but if you guys see one come up please let me know! There's less than 20 made total with these options, so I can use all the help I can get!

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Check Carmax...they have a Sepang roadster for sale right now..can't remember if it had extended leather or not though.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Nikki, unfortunately not extended. Btw your car pics are the ones that convinced me to go for bronze it's such a beautiful color

If I can't find one with extended leather in the next year or two I'll just bite the bullet and get the nicest bronze one I can find, there's 3 more on autotrader right now. I still love my 2.5, I just need more power!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

aww thanks! it is a stunning color and worth holding out for! mine doesn't have extended leather but the dark sepang interior color is nice.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

I was considering this M. It's priced very low, and the dealer made me a very decent offer on my 2.5i (2k less than KBB retail, not bad at all). To be honest I'm still on the fence if I should drive out to AZ to go see it. I really want bronze though *grin*.

In any case, thought I'd share in case anyone was looking to upgrade. Wesley (dealer) seems legit and is very responsive. Have not seen the car since I'm in CA and it's in AZ, so caveat emptor, but it's loaded with options, has extended leather and is priced very low.

<http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=288676717>

Last edited by fighting_fish; 01-30-2011 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

mine is always available for the right price. 2006, 30k miles, light sepang extended leather, piano black trim. navi. heated seats. pretty much everything. also 19" miro 111 wheels with hankook v12 tires that I put on this summer. PM me if interested
      01-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

You're probably out of my price range, however, if I can't find anything within the next year or two, and you're still selling, i'll probably be in a position where I can make you a decent offer

I thought for sure your car would have the carbon leather interior, since you've posted in a bunch of the CF fabric wrapping threads.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

I'd let it go for $30k flat, nothing under. I had CF fabric in my old z4, but I wanted a classier, OEM look, so went with piano black
      02-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

So how come you're selling it, it seems that you've only had it for 7 months. Do you have any pictures of the interior? There's a few posted here on the forum but only of the original wood trim (that I've found).

Not sure how I feel about the rims, I really like the oem ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
boydgti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4m

oem rims and tires can usually be had here for under a grad
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting_fish View Post
So how come you're selling it, it seems that you've only had it for 7 months. Do you have any pictures of the interior? There's a few posted here on the forum but only of the original wood trim (that I've found).

Not sure how I feel about the rims, I really like the oem ones.
I would be replacing it with the supercharged red one currently for sale here, otherwise I have zero desire to sell it. I love the car. I'm sure you could find someone here to swap these wheels for an oem set, and get some cash on top of it

02-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #12
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

The more I look at the pics the more I like the car. The rims I didn't care for at first, now I think they're a really great upgrade making the car look fuller and more aggressive.

I think my only concern is the light color. Although it looks really good, I don't think I can trust myself not to mark it up. Plus with the ridiculous hours I spend at work, don't know if I can care for it proper as you described in the other thread.

They only made very few black ones in extended leather. So my current thought is to get one with black or dark brown seats and do the extended leather as a custom job; bronze stitches might look amazing and would be very unique (could do the angel eyes at the same time).

Does anyone live in Kansas? This is the only other bronze z4 for sale. It's the 17th from the last bronze one made (apr 2007), and it's low miles at 17k. But the close up pics are really concerning, why are the steering wheel tabs so messed up, and why are the railings for the seats completely rusted? Why didn't they bother cleaning or detailing it at all? It all gives a bad impression.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #13
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^u're concerns about the condition of the sepang bronze roadster u linked are well-founded. does not look particularly well-cared for, which could be partially explained by its fleet + lease status prior. the price is quite nice though?

steering wheel tabs are subject to wear, although those look excessive. mine are still in almost perfect condition with just over 22000 miles done. carmax prices seem to be somewhat of an industry average, so in some ways u would be paying for what u're getting. i paid handsomely for my pristine condition, cpo-ed, one fully-owned owner, non-lease extremely low mileage '06 m coupe.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting_fish View Post
The more I look at the pics the more I like the car. The rims I didn't care for at first, now I think they're a really great upgrade making the car look fuller and more aggressive.

I think my only concern is the light color. Although it looks really good, I don't think I can trust myself not to mark it up. Plus with the ridiculous hours I spend at work, don't know if I can care for it proper as you described in the other thread.

They only made very few black ones in extended leather. So my current thought is to get one with black or dark brown seats and do the extended leather as a custom job; bronze stitches might look amazing and would be very unique (could do the angel eyes at the same time).

Does anyone live in Kansas? This is the only other bronze z4 for sale. It's the 17th from the last bronze one made (apr 2007), and it's low miles at 17k. But the close up pics are really concerning, why are the steering wheel tabs so messed up, and why are the railings for the seats completely rusted? Why didn't they bother cleaning or detailing it at all? It all gives a bad impression.
the seats get slighly darker as they get dirty, but its mostly uniform, so its not very noticeable, and 90% of the cleaning is only needed on the part where you sit. its more noticeable when you actually clean them after. Not a big deal, you could probably keep up with them by wiping them down every time you wash a car, instead of waiting until they get dirty, and then doing a thorough cleaning.