ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #199
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

I agree with you there Pokey, I'm going to have a little bit of time when I come back to work on it. I started speaking with a few friends and I believe I have some contact info to start some dialogue here and there and that will hopefully make me feel more comfortable. I'm just hoping that this whole thing gets moving again soon, it's just been lingering over my head for far too long.

For this weekend, I'm instructing and facilitating sniper training so I'm just going to look forward to this and worry about it Monday. Seems like the one of the only advantages to the field is being able to put off some problems from time to time.
      06-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #200
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I'll +1 what Pokey said.

Also, FWIW, they could be putting you off to "paying" customers, or they could be delaying intentionally. They may figure at this point their best course of action is to put you off. They may be figuring you won't go the legal route because you haven't up to this point, if they just delay long enough you'll give up, or whatever legal remedies you have will have been lost. (Running out the clock.)

Get a consultation with an automotive legal expert now. My concern is that by not invoking your legal rights you're damaging your potential claim. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Consider that statement in light of where things are with the shop and your car.

I am not a lawyer, but you really need to figure out what your risks and options are given the time, effort, emotion, loss of use, and dollars spent are.

Prior to meeting with the lawyer, summarize all of the activities and dates, issues/mistakes, damages, and contact date, times, names. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good here. Just get a pretty good summary together, and go from there. It doesn't need to be perfect at this point. That will let you get the most out of your legal consultation at the minimal cost point. You don't want a lawyer pulling all that together for you at billable hours.

Your lawyer will provide you with counsel as to your best course of action at this point and what would be in your best interest financially and from other perspectives.

Get your ducks in a row and know where you stand. You may not need to invoke the legal route but it's well past time to get that lined up.

Do it now.
Appreciate 2
      06-23-2016, 04:33 PM   #201
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
You're going to keep getting batted around until you reach a breaking point, and neither you nor the shop will like it when you snap.
      06-23-2016, 09:33 PM   #202
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Shane, what Ron is saying is spot on mate, its definitely worth spending a hundred or 2 on some good legal advise mate, (not sure if you guys have free legal advise there) i just went though your whole thread again mate, and just reading this whole shamble of events is heart breaking.

as Ron said mate, get your ducks in a row, and sort this mess out.

really feeling for you here buddy.
      06-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #203
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan
I'll +1 what Pokey said.

Also, FWIW, they could be putting you off to "paying" customers, or they could be delaying intentionally. They may figure at this point their best course of action is to put you off. They may be figuring you won't go the legal route because you haven't up to this point, if they just delay long enough you'll give up, or whatever legal remedies you have will have been lost. (Running out the clock.)

Get a consultation with an automotive legal expert now. My concern is that by not invoking your legal rights you're damaging your potential claim. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Consider that statement in light of where things are with the shop and your car.

I am not a lawyer, but you really need to figure out what your risks and options are given the time, effort, emotion, loss of use, and dollars spent are.

Prior to meeting with the lawyer, summarize all of the activities and dates, issues/mistakes, damages, and contact date, times, names. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good here. Just get a pretty good summary together, and go from there. It doesn't need to be perfect at this point. That will let you get the most out of your legal consultation at the minimal cost point. You don't want a lawyer pulling all that together for you at billable hours.

Your lawyer will provide you with counsel as to your best course of action at this point and what would be in your best interest financially and from other perspectives.

Get your ducks in a row and know where you stand. You may not need to invoke the legal route but it's well past time to get that lined up.

Do it now.
As usual...spot on advice. Please, never leave this forum.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2016, 11:45 AM   #204
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG View Post
I hear he might be around doing some more building soon
      06-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #205
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan
I'll +1 what Pokey said.

Do it now.
Agree 100%. Very sound advice.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #206
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
You're going to keep getting batted around until you reach a breaking point, and neither you nor the shop will like it when you snap.
One of my all time favorite movies.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #207
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG View Post
Thanks. I'm very concerned to see where things are for a fellow forum member who also serves our country. The trail of excuses and deflection is so far beyond the pale it beggars belief.

I'm not going anywhere. The wife is never selling her car, and I have mine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
I hear he might be around doing some more building soon
Yep! Headers are going back on, new rear cans, aero, seats, BBK (done), bushings (done), new suspension, and "boring" maintenance stuff for the top and bottom end. I have 8 track days on the calendar through September.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #208
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

As always I thank everyone here for the advise lent throughout this thread, it really has been my greatest source of support. I just got back from the field, and I'm planning on getting some of those items together soon. I'll keep y'all posted on the rest of the findings/procedures I go through next just to see if they're in check and if I am of course following good practicing procedures, that's what I want to keep at the forefront of all of this.

In the meantime, here's what I was busy doing all of last week (as an instructor).

(This is one of very few standing shots I've done, they had a hard time finding me with thermals on this one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I'm very concerned to see where things are for a fellow forum member who also serves our country. The trail of excuses and deflection is so far beyond the pale it beggars belief.
This is why I come here and why I'll always come back to this place even if the car doesn't stay in my hands for whatever the outcome. It's this caring community that also got me into these cars and makes me want to never give up on them. I'm hoping that with all the help and support here, this will be made possible and I'm willing to do whatever I can to ensure that.

Last edited by Arsonism; 06-26-2016 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 3
      06-26-2016, 06:16 PM   #209
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

What a cool pic!!!!!
That's fantastic!
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 06:29 AM   #210
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonism
As always I thank everyone here for the advise lent throughout this thread, it really has been my greatest source of support. I just got back from the field, and I'm planning on getting some of those items together soon. I'll keep y'all posted on the rest of the findings/procedures I go through next just to see if they're in check and if I am of course following good practicing procedures, that's what I want to keep at the forefront of all of this.

In the meantime, here's what I was busy doing all of last week (as an instructor).

[img]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...33&oe=57ECCEC6[/img]

(This is one of very few standing shots I've done, they had a hard time finding me with thermals on this one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I'm very concerned to see where things are for a fellow forum member who also serves our country. The trail of excuses and deflection is so far beyond the pale it beggars belief.
This is why I come here and why I'll always come back to this place even if the car doesn't stay in my hands for whatever the outcome. It's this caring community that also got me into these cars and makes me want to never give up on them. I'm hoping that with all the help and support here, this will be made possible and I'm willing to do whatever I can to ensure that.
I truly appreciate and am thankful for your service and sacrifice for our country and freedom. I stand with Finnegan in that because of your military status, these mechanics should be bending over backwards to get your car back on the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 08:55 AM   #211
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonism View Post

Man!!! That IS an awesome shot!!! PUN INTENDED

I gotta ask mate, something I've always wondered about... "Are those camo suits with all the ferns and stuff, or do you add all that stuff out in the field?? very cool if its the latter.."