ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Is my winter setup alright

I just bought a used set of 17 oz wheel and tires for my winter setup and i put them on they fit alright. the spec for the rim and tire are 18x8 40 offset all around and the tires are 225s all around. However when i put them on the back seem to be to much into the fenders and looks like as if the front is wider than the back. I am just wondering if this is gonna cause problem. So far theres no change in the ride and everything seems fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

You can get spacers for the rear from tire rack and fix that. You might need longer bolts but all is a pretty cheap fix. I have 18" snows on the stock wheels in stock size and regret not going with a skinnier rear tire on the stock wheel.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Well is it gonna be a problem cause as of now it seems to be absolutely fine. If all it affects is looks then i am alright with it.
Appreciate 0