ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
wss4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Best Texas BMW Dealers

I'm located in Houston and have already had bad luck with the dealers in town. Just got my car back from Momentum, and the monkeys there somehow managed to mess up a simple rotor job - I am continually astounded by the amount of incompetence in this world.

I've got a few months left on warranty (actually looking forward to being out of warranty so I wont feel guilty buying my own parts and doing all the work myself) and am going to be due for inspection II. Has anyone had any positive experiences at any BMW dealers in Texas? I'm willing to drive just about anywhere within a couple hundred mile radius to get it done right.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Classic BMW in Dallas takes good care of me.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

I bought mine at Classic and had the Inspection II done. My first time at a BMW dealership and I didn't get mistreated so...

I've heard a lot of good things about BMW of San Antonio. Couple members on here went there for everything
      12-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
ruscoupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Regardless of what you may have heard, you will find no better dealership than Autobahn in Ft. Worth. Yes, they had a situation months back where a customer's car was damaged, but contrary to what you may hear, they did step up and attempt to do the right thing up until the point the customer got all kinds of stupid with his demands.

Anyway, in my 15+ years of dealing with D/FW BMW stealerships, Autobahn is who I choose to go to (and they're not nearly the closest to me). I've had nothing short of great experiences and the incident above aside, you will find very few BMW owners who've used them that wouldn't use them again.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
I bought mine at Classic and had the Inspection II done. My first time at a BMW dealership and I didn't get mistreated so...

I've heard a lot of good things about BMW of San Antonio. Couple members on here went there for everything
not really a fan of SA BMW, although after speaking with the sales manager a few months back he said he was aware of the negative view people have of that dealership and that they have taken steps to remedy this. I took my z4Si when i had it, there to get serviced under warranty no complaints on the work.

still wouldnt let them do a valve adjustment
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
jra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4

have you tried advantage clear lake? I used them when I lived on Galveston Island...never had any issues with their service department.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

I took my car to Classic to have them do the state inspection and they found a way to scuff the leather on the interior door panel.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4mc

You should all come down for a San Antonio meet =-) I have yet to see another z4mc anywhere. I have seen a few z4mr though.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

I have bought 3 cars from BMW of Dallas and been treated very well. The X3 was serviced several times there and done quickly. The new location has helped also. I have had the M Coupe serviced at Classic twice, once they left the radiator cap off and never fixed the mirror. Yesterday mirror was fixed and bluetooth code retreived yet they forget to reset the oil service and set the 3 flash lane change signal. Not impressed with CLassic service yet.

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
Wife even likes the BMW of Austin Dealership.

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4mc

only takes a sec to reset your oil service yourself. SA BMW quoted me $700 for just valve adjustment outside of the normal check up. I do everything myself at my dads shop in new braunfels but was looking for an alternative to doing the lash myself. Looks like I will be getting the kits and everything to get it done myself, possibly for others after I have had a go at it. Would be a muuuch cheaper option espicially if you helped with your own car =-)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #12
thread killer
Banned
Rep
Drives: faster then your car

IMO- doing a valve adjustment isnt a 'novice' thing to do. lots of things can/could go wrong if you dont know what you are doing.

I saw that post you have of the DIY valve adjustment- i have seen other techs in the dealership i used to work at not adjust them correctly, you think a person who doesnt work on cars all day has better luck? probably not.

regardless, dont drop a shim, not put a bail clip on wrong, pinch a bail clip when installing the v/c........

the liability of a 15,000 dollar engine shouldnt be on people who dont know what they are doing.

if you are in houston, i can knock out anything the dealer can do, and cheaper guaranteed.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
Classic BMW in Dallas takes good care of me.
Good dealer. I walked in after i was looking at a my coupe at Sewell. They checked all my the maint logs and made sure it had a 1200 mile service. Racked the car and checked it out for me for free, Awesome!
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0