ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Looking for Videos of Euro/CSL Headers on Stock Exhaust

I’m sure there are folks here with this setup but can anyone post sound or video clips of OEM Euro (or CSL) headers + OEM Euro cats (or modified NA secondaries) + stock everything else?

I’m generally not a fan of drone nor rasp but have even lower tolerance now that I’m in a roadster. I’d imagine the above setup can’t be very loud since that’s the default setup for European models.
      06-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
I had Euro headers with DKF section 1 (s pipe) + RDSport exhaust. I know that's not what you're asking for, but the RD cans weren't too loud, which is probably close to stock cans. Not sure if a clip of that will help you.
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

From what I've read, roadster will have less drone and buzz since the exhaust sound doesn't resonate within the cabin. Seems logical but can't say for sure since I don't have both to compare.

The Euro header has no cats; however, the S-pipe cats are more restrictive vs the NA ones. For the most unrestricted OE setup, Euro header with NA s-pipe is probably the best. I know this doesn't answer your question for sound but just my 2 cents when you're looking.

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

This sound clip for RD sport exhaust have similar setup. I was interested but it is almost like stock exhaust. I decided not to purchase and put the stock cans back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLJmXqy-aw
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
I had Euro headers with DKF section 1 (s pipe) + RDSport exhaust. I know that's not what you're asking for, but the RD cans weren't too loud, which is probably close to stock cans. Not sure if a clip of that will help you.
If you have please post em up. So I take it the drone was a non-issue? Any unwanted rasp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
From what I've read, roadster will have less drone and buzz since the exhaust sound doesn't resonate within the cabin. Seems logical but can't say for sure since I don't have both to compare.

The Euro header has no cats; however, the S-pipe cats are more restrictive vs the NA ones. For the most unrestricted OE setup, Euro header with NA s-pipe is probably the best. I know this doesn't answer your question for sound but just my 2 cents when you're looking.
Thanks, reason I’m looking for euro cats is so I don’t have to mod my NA ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
This sound clip for RD sport exhaust have similar setup. I was interested but it is almost like stock exhaust. I decided not to purchase and put the stock cans back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLJmXqy-aw
Thanks very helpful!
      06-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #6
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
If you have please post em up. So I take it the drone was a non-issue? Any unwanted rasp?

Thanks, reason I’m looking for euro cats is so I don’t have to mod my NA ones.

Thanks very helpful!
That YouTube video RobMcoupe posted is my car with everything stock except the cans, which were the RD sport. So that’s not close to the set up you’re asking about. The Euro catless headers + DKF S pipe with 100 cell cats + RD Sport (close to stock cans) didn’t have much drone and/or unwanted rasp. Then again I now have RPI cans and the drone doesn’t bother me one bit. I think you’ll be fine with the modded S pipe and catless headers + stock cans. Let me look for a video and I’ll post it
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 01:22 AM   #7
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That YouTube video RobMcoupe posted is my car with everything stock except the cans, which were the RD sport. So that’s not close to the set up you’re asking about. The Euro catless headers + DKF S pipe with 100 cell cats + RD Sport (close to stock cans) didn’t have much drone and/or unwanted rasp. Then again I now have RPI cans and the drone doesn’t bother me one bit. I think you’ll be fine with the modded S pipe and catless headers + stock cans. Let me look for a video and I’ll post it
I thought that video was with euro headers. Thanks for the correction.

I'll try to get sound clip when I refresh my exhaust bangers. My setup is Evolve airbox, Euro headers and cats. I am switching back to OEM X-pipe so it should be pretty close.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #8
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
I thought that video was with euro headers. Thanks for the correction.

I'll try to get sound clip when I refresh my exhaust bangers. My setup is Evolve airbox, Euro headers and cats. I am switching back to OEM X-pipe so it should be pretty close.
No problem Rob. If I may ask, why are you going back to OEM X pipe? Reason I want RE x pipe is for the bit more sound I can get.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 07:48 PM   #9
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No problem Rob. If I may ask, why are you going back to OEM X pipe? Reason I want RE x pipe is for the bit more sound I can get.
I purchased used KKS exhaust. It is bit louder than expected with RE X-pipe. I want to see if OEM X-pipe provide good balance between Evolve airbox bark and exhaust.
Appreciate 0