ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
philjw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Successful tune turning off rear O2's but still "ready"???

Based on the various forum threads related to Z4M tunes, it seems a very mixed bag, particularly when folks are trying to compensate for rear O2 sensors that are not there, are behind race cats, etc. Has anyone had success with a tune that not only turns off the rear O2 sensors, but also reports a "ready" state for emissions purposes? Where I live, they use the OBDII test, and I really don't want to have to rip everything out just to pass...

I've installed euro headers and the DKF Section One, with EGT and rear O2's installed in the DKF pipes. My shop had to do some additional work to get rid of a leak, but now all seems well, except I'm still getting a code (P0420). The shop thinks that the DKF cats are not up to the task. In any case, I do love the sound and power bump from my euro headers, but I need to get rid of this CEL. Please let me know if you've found a solution.

Also appreciate any other feedback on tunes, assuming it meets the first requirement. E.g., smoother power delivery, dyno results, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Try these http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=946493
Let us know how it works out
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
philjw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Bump... Anyone? Buying more untested hardware is not appealing to me at this juncture.

There was a lot of discussion around the time of the Evolve-R group buy. Anyone have success with that?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by philjw View Post
Bump... Anyone? Buying more untested hardware is not appealing to me at this juncture.

There was a lot of discussion around the time of the Evolve-R group buy. Anyone have success with that?
How many miles on the car? I would replace all O2 sensors. These sensors fail pretty regularly on our cars. Also don't buy from dealer. You can get the Bosch sensors which are identical for a fraction. Good luck
Appreciate 0