ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

MFest VI

Hey all! MFest VI dates have been released early this year and look to be April 20-22, possibly 23rd of 2012 (obviously). No you don't have to have an ///M to attend!!

MFEST VI Here's the link to the MFest forums, directly to the thread about next year. If it's something you think you might like to do, check it out.

It's an AWESOME time. I went last year and each day was full of stuff to do and the wife and I are already planning on going this year.

It'd also be nice to have some more Z's out there!! I was one of maybe 5 M Coupes, there was 1 M Roadster and there were a couple Z3Ms. Only 2, including mine went on the track.

Mostly this thread is just to get the word out earlier to this community to maybe get some more Z's out there!
      10-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

"Are you Ready", "4/20/2012".
Where will this be held?
      10-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Vegas, baby! Stayed at the Palazzo last year, sure it's going to be the same this year. Drags and the road track just outside the LVMS is where we ran. Like a 2-mile track, very fun. Entry into the bar in the Palazzo (can't remember name) and then went to the Tao on Saturday night. Was amazing, plus open bar for a few hours. EPIC
      10-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Bayonet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 Mc

yes yes YES!....I should be there again for 2012... Hopefully Ill run into you this time 007 instead of just seeing your car everywhere with no driver near it.

Just being in the caravan up there you see sooooo many dope cars, it makes the southern california drive up to vegas about 100x more enjoyable.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

I guess I have no excuse to not go then since I live there lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonet View Post
yes yes YES!....I should be there again for 2012... Hopefully Ill run into you this time 007 instead of just seeing your car everywhere with no driver near it.

Just being in the caravan up there you see sooooo many dope cars, it makes the southern california drive up to vegas about 100x more enjoyable.
Heh, which one were you? I was either on the track or in the damn classroom. I'm not doing the beginners group again. 3 wasted track times, IMO.

I was in the TX crew. that was fun but nowhere near the size of Cali. When we rolled into Jean for the caravan...I was simply amazed how many cars, let a lone Bimmers were out, organized in one spot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
I guess I have no excuse to not go then since I live there lol.
No excuses! haha
      10-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

I'll put it on the calendar!
      10-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
Bayonet
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
Heh, which one were you? I was either on the track or in the damn classroom. I'm not doing the beginners group again. 3 wasted track times, IMO.

I was in the TX crew. that was fun but nowhere near the size of Cali. When we rolled into Jean for the caravan...I was simply amazed how many cars, let a lone Bimmers were out, organized in one spot!!!

No excuses! haha
why were the track times wasted? either way im sure that track was a lot of fun

I had the black mcoupe with the apr splitter and work meisters
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
why were the track times wasted? either way im sure that track was a lot of fun

I had the black mcoupe with the apr splitter and work meisters
First run was a group cars behind one instructor car to get a "feel" for the lines.......at like 30.

Second run was learning the point by. I don't think there was a necessity to do an entire friggin run to 'practice' this...even then hardly anyone pointed by or waited for it.

Third run was finally on our own but cut a little short due to manufacturer's shootout final out

Didn't make 4th run...too tired and sunbaked. didn't want to risk a long blink in a turn or something.

Don't get me wrong I had a BLAST...during my third run. I was using it to practice my heel-toe downshifting with GREAT success I might add while learning the different turns' apexes and how to get the most speed through them. I felt I learned a lot but then we got called in before I could really start using any of it

I've got quite a few pics of your car!!!! I had never heard of those wheels before and my friend maybe a month after I bought my car suggested I get these...then low and behold! haha You gonna track this year?

Also, who was the female in the red roadie??
      10-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
Bayonet
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
First run was a group cars behind one instructor car to get a "feel" for the lines.......at like 30.

Second run was learning the point by. I don't think there was a necessity to do an entire friggin run to 'practice' this...even then hardly anyone pointed by or waited for it.

Third run was finally on our own but cut a little short due to manufacturer's shootout final out

Didn't make 4th run...too tired and sunbaked. didn't want to risk a long blink in a turn or something.

Don't get me wrong I had a BLAST...during my third run. I was using it to practice my heel-toe downshifting with GREAT success I might add while learning the different turns' apexes and how to get the most speed through them. I felt I learned a lot but then we got called in before I could really start using any of it

I've got quite a few pics of your car!!!! I had never heard of those wheels before and my friend maybe a month after I bought my car suggested I get these...then low and behold! haha You gonna track this year?

Also, who was the female in the red roadie??
oooo ...although it sounds like a bit overkill... at least they took precautions to make sure beginners were REALLY beginners. I'm sure the last thing anybody wants is for somebody to go thinking they can handle it and end up ruining it for everyone by crashing.

still debating if ill track....i def want to but not with these wheels on

I dont know the girl in the red roadster, but I know who you're talking about. She kind of kept to herself, I was saying whats up to all the Z drivers and when I said hi to her she just looked at me lol

if you're on here you owe me a wave
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 04:01 AM   #11
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
oooo ...although it sounds like a bit overkill... at least they took precautions to make sure beginners were REALLY beginners. I'm sure the last thing anybody wants is for somebody to go thinking they can handle it and end up ruining it for everyone by crashing.

still debating if ill track....i def want to but not with these wheels on

I dont know the girl in the red roadster, but I know who you're talking about. She kind of kept to herself, I was saying whats up to all the Z drivers and when I said hi to her she just looked at me lol

if you're on here you owe me a wave
Yeah I completely understood why they took those precautions...just sucked that it took 2 runs to get it in.

Yeah I tried to make a point also and you 2 were the only 2 i didn't meet. haha I was parked across from Charles (white Moupe Number 86) so we chatted when he wasn't on track.
      02-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

OK. It's time to get this back up on the front page.

I won't be making it this year. Stuck in Korea and can't afford to get back to the states in time.

Anyone on here planning on going still?

I'm hoping HPF gets our Z done in time...and it gets taken. That would seriously be one of the highlights of MFest, I guarantee!
      03-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #13
Bayonet
Private First Class
Rep

awwww sad to see a z wont make it.

I just registered the other day so if any other z's are going......let me know so we can represent
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I know there's an MCoupe with the Texas crew rolling out that wasn't there last year, don't know if they're a member on here or not...
      03-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
I'm registered to go now.

Any idea on how many Z's are going to be there?
Appreciate 0