ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #23
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
All these issues. For someone considering the switch to FI, it looks like a major pain in the ass. Maybe G-Power has sorted their kit out, as I haven't heard a peep from Pokey since his install?
Not actually true. You are hearing from a few that track their cars heavily. You haven't heard a peep from me or the many that have SC's on their cars. These guys are pushing the limits and I would not run any super charger, my preference, for a dedicated track car. My car scares me in a straight line when my foot is at the floor. And this is coming from someone who is racing at the track monthly in a BMW M3.
Well all of my issues were def not from track use . The thermal ones I'll give you that , but since I've upgraded to the 525 it's been almost all wrong parts .
George
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #24
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

I just don't want him to think that most can't run an off the shelf 525 kit without issue. Issues don't come from driving it normally or spirited on the streets. Its a lot of power for daily driving.

Not to disregard what you have done for us in any way. We appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #25
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seank
I just don't want him to think that most can't run an off the shelf 525 kit without issue. Issues don't come from driving it normally or spirited on the streets. Its a lot of power for daily driving.

Not to disregard what you have done for us in any way. We appreciate it.
Sorry to go off topic, but I meant 'trouble-free' in the sense of getting the correct parts. For me to have to source out 50% new parts after just spending $10K++ on the system seems ridiculous and a pain in the a$$
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 01:31 AM   #26
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Sorry to go off topic, but I meant 'trouble-free' in the sense of getting the correct parts. For me to have to source out 50% new parts after just spending $10K++ on the system seems ridiculous and a pain in the a$$
This guy right here understand my point of view.
If you are paying this kind of money, you shouldn't have to buy stress pills and take anger management courses.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #27
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
I think all FI companies producing kits for the Z4M have issues in this respect. G-Power originally shipped the wrong oil cooler, and they were slow to send the tune.

Your best bet is to buy and install the kit at the same shop. That's what I did, and it's the only way I'll go from here on out. The customer is no longer the middle man, and the shop is on the hook to make the car right. PSI hooked me up on some free work after the tune was delayed, even though they had nothing to do with the delay. Made for a very happy customer and overall positive experience.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0