ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
mkivbora
rubba duck squr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

z4 2.5 sc

so i am custom building a supercharger kit for my gf's 2.5l. I have been building vw's for years, 1000hp supras and recently a very healthy 600+hp c6 soon were going for 800+hp.

I have a fabricator that is helping me with the r&d of a supercharger bracket, the piping and front mount ,alc injection etc and have talked with a few friends that are known world wide for tuning the likes of aem,mega squirt , hptuners etc. im going to run either a standalone ems or a custom file on stock ems.

my only struggle at this point is im not a bmw guy i dont know much about the internals on the 2.5 and if its a standard head gasket or liquid sealed. money isnt really an object in this project. as im trying to see if internals how much where do i find them etc and if they are needed or if a stacking of a headgasket can be done . i have contacted ess and vf numerous times i just dont see why spending 7000 on a kit when it takes half that to buy parts and custom build it yourself as long as you get tuning done correctly.

current mods on vehicle include header back custom exhaust custom intake + ram air, ksport coilovers, 235fronts 255rears stock wheels. now remember girlfriends car. and she drives it like she stole it .. so she deserves a little more kick from her little z4

Last edited by mkivbora; 11-27-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
mkivbora
rubba duck squr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

no advice.. well it is turkey weekend . ill find out on monday anyhow when i visit HPF but was still thought someone was a z4 brainiac!!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkivbora View Post
no advice.. well it is turkey weekend . ill find out on monday anyhow when i visit HPF but was still thought someone was a z4 brainiac!!
Z4 Forum here is slow, you might want to try at e90post and ask for help. Or try other different Z forum. Good Luck~
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
smidley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 M5

I have pretty much no tuning experience, but I'm really interested in this project because I've always wanted a cheaper supercharger, and I live in Portland also! I've got a 2003 2.5i if you need to check out a second one.
Appreciate 0