ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
zpost11
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4

confused....help!

I have a 2007 Z4 roadster with Xenon headlights. One of them is out so I want to change both.

What is the correct (original equipment) xenon headlight bulbs to buy and where online?

Any recommendation besides the (original equipment) xenon headlights bulbs to buy and where online?

Please, I need the correct full name for either option above, remember they are xenon, thank you so much.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ for the OEM info you need.

Here is a place with both OEM and aftermarket options which are good deals: http://www.rmeuropean.com/search.asp...rd=63217160806

I will tell you it is common for the controller to go out which will make you think a bulb is to blame when it isn't. You may want to try swapping the bulbs you have first.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
bignosejim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB M Coupe

If your not satisfied with the output, you can also switch out the lens. Here is a thread for that.

/// Vibra-Technics motor mounts /// Autosolutions SSK /// RE Tranny mounts /// Aero Turbine Exhaust /// Beisan Vanos upgrades /// SDW rtabs /// Fortune Auto 500
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Did the bulb go pink first before it went out?
I haven't had one fail yet (jinx) but I hear the typical failure mode is for them to go pink.
Many have had problems with ballasts and igniters.
Given that all 3 possible culprits are fairly pricy, I would suggest taking chickdr's advice and try swapping sides first.
      08-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #5
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

My passenger side went out a while back. It would usually work when I first got in the car at night but after the components/bulb got hot and I turned it off it wouldn't come back on. For instance if I stopped at a gas station, to pickup a pizza, use pathway lighting etc it wouldn't come on. It got worse and worse and I really thought the igniter was bad but it turned out to be the bulb.

I went back with OEM just for that size and to me the output seems very identical to what I had so I didn't both replacing both. Obviously YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #6
zpost11
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4

Thanks so much guys. I ended up getting the PIAA fog lights and the extreme white/slight bluish headlight lamps. Sooooooooo much better than the standard Xenon bulbs. Although a bit less bluish, it extends much much further down the road and the amount of light is amazing.
Appreciate 0