ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-11-2024, 03:19 PM   #1
Naiart
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4M

100,000 km

So I just rolled over 100,00 km (~62,000 miles) this past weekend. Currently at 101,500 km. The dealership photo is the day I purchased the car 5 1/2 years ago at 60,500 km (~38,000 miles).

In that period it's served as my daily driver, though now I work from home on snowy/salty days. It's my only car. The bulk of the added miles has been from road trips.

In that time I've taken the following road trips in chronological order:

1. Miami, FL (5500 km).
2. Philadelphia and NY (2200 km)
3. Manitoulin island and Sudbury (1500 km)
4. The Carolinas (including the Tail of the Dragon, BMW Plant and Charleston) (4400 km)
5. Eastern Canadian provinces (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI) (5200 km)
6. Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA (including the Amelia Island Concours last week) (4300 km)

The bulk of my problems in that time have been the soft top motor (relocated to trunk), broken starter (x2) and a broken rear spring.

Knock on wood, it's been an absolute joy and I love every second looking at it or behind the wheel. With perhaps one exception, it's not the best car I've ever owned, but the best I've ever driven
Attached Images

Appreciate 1