ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #45
schwank
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 z4 m coupe

Good luck. When my MC Was about a year old I hydroplaned into a semi sideways at 60 mph (darn stock conties weren't to the wear baRs yet). Mine was fixed andstill drives like new. I hope you come out as happy as I did.

Good luck. Glad your ok.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #46
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Dibs on the black out grills (I'll send you my originals) and the 2009 Navi DVD
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #47
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
It's like shark week in here. Bloods in the water(mod parts). Well if they total and my higher than hell high priced attorney can't get things reduced it will be a free firsll. I will recognize first dibs from this thread. But let us keep our fingers crossed and hopefully "driving too fast for conditions" replaces the C&I.

Last edited by mousitch; 08-23-2010 at 06:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #48
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
Dibs on the right rear wheel... j/k.

Sorry for the loss, I am interested in the el Diablos though...
Dibs on the right rear wheel... j/k. Say no more that wheel is yours. I'll throw in the trashed Vento V 12 for free. lOL/jk

Got you down on the diablo list
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #49
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Thanks for the concern guys. I'm well my left elbow hurts but it's nothing( wrecked harder). Tough little car saved my ass. Now take it from me: stay witin your means and enjoy it cause that last two days gave been brutal. You don't know what you have till it's gone.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #50
Dieter
http://www.dkclassifieds.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
It's like shark week in here. Bloods in the water(mod parts). Well if they total and my higher than hell high priced attorney can't get things reduced it will be a free firsll. I will recognize first dibs from this thread. But let us keep our fingers crossed and hopefully "driving too fast for conditions" replaces the C&I.

Sounds good, I even come by and visit
      08-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #51
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

Quote:
C&I?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #52
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Took an off-road excursion. I hope it's totaled cause it never will be the same. Destroyed the front suspension, bent the rear end and broke off oil lines while the car was running. Not good. Was trying to get out of ditch, wasn't paying attention to oil light.
Well, first of all glad you're ok. 2 days ago someone backed off to my MC. Rear quarter panel needs to be replaced, need a new rear tire, wheel needs to be replaced, and driver side door needs to be repaired. Of course also paint job. Today got the estimate: 3400$. So yours is totalled for sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #53
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

I was on I-70 at 6:30 PM and witnessed the lady that hydro'd her Grand Am into the guard rail at the 63 interchange, I got the hell out of Dodge, and I am really glad I did or I too would have been in the 23 car pile-up that came soon after I left. (Guess it would have been a 24 car). I was not in the Z, but in the Tundra. I eased on to my brakes and the ABS kicked in this is when I notice the amount of water on I-70. The lady that hit the guard rail just sat there and the lady on the right of me just stopped on the highway in the right lane...Me I got off the highway. Called my boss and told him to go another way home and turned on 5-0 Radio and listened to the dispatch get worst and worst.

Mousitch, I waited for you an extra seven minutes on Saturday AM, but I figured you had planned against a drive. Then you texted me and I about s*&^. My drive was cut short at lunch due to a call from a client that needed computer assistance, so I had to run home.

The drive I did have was good, and be for warned the roads to Frankenstein are freshly re-tarred. I need to de-tar my baby. Hope that is not too rude of me...

Steve

Last edited by ShakyDog; 08-23-2010 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #54
Nate2046
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92M

OY! Sorry for your loss. Hope all works out with your insurance, though I'm sure it will if you have a lawyer. They typically only lean on the unrepresented masses. On a side note, quit wrecking Sepang cars! I'm really loving that color more and more.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #55
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

that accident looks terrible. i'm glad that you emerged unscathed! i'm hoping insurance settles this promptly.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #56
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
I was on the road before I went off the road. What kind of Hoosier would four wheel a z4. I have a Rubican for that. Overcorrected in a rainstorm. As simple as that. As far as moving out if the ditch I tried one time and knew it was stuck. The tie rods are broke on both sides. Shit happens. I'm dealing with it can you ?
Ahhh...well that makes more sense! I take back my earlier statement.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #57
Shorestyle031
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M roadster

Im sry to see that man hope everything works out
      08-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #58
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

I just got v12's. You wouldn't blame this accident on them would you? I heard they were great in the rain.
      08-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #59
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaliber View Post
C&I?
"Careless and Imprudent", aka "reckless driving" I believe. Sure hope you get that one toned down a bit.

Damn mousitch, I really feel for you man. Those pictures are just to look at. Skelekitty took one look and felt sick. First she said "WTF happened" then "I really feel bad for him--damn, I don't know what to say". Geez.

Based on what I see, and unfortunately some sad personal experience with that kind of damage, I think it's a total loss. It would cost the very close to the value of the car to repair it (well, to repair it well enough that you'd be willing to drive it again--and that's assuming no unibody damage). M parts aren't cheap, and probably most of the suspension (control arms, stuts, steering rack, etc), hubs/rotors/calipers, and most likely the sub-frame are all toast.

I'm glad you're okay, and I think you're pretty lucky to walk out of there with only a sore wrist (and no rollover). The M is a tough car, and that helped. I hope that C&I gets knocked down a bit. The authorities do sometimes make assumptions....sports car, etc. etc. and they go from there.

Shit does happen, and I know how hard it will be to not replay this damn thing over and over in your mind. Been there, and it's no fun. And you're so right about not knowing what you have until it's gone. Take care best wishes for better days ahead.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 06:42 AM   #60
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Ahhh...well that makes more sense! I take back my earlier statement.
I took you literally when you said you were off-roading. I should have known you were not being serious. I'll give myself a knock in the back of the head for you, a la Gibbs to Denozo on NCIS.

Its great that you weren't hurt, but man oh man - what terrible luck for such a fine car. Keep us posted on how things go with the insurance company and getting a replacement.

Cheers.

And Good Luck!!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 06:42 AM   #61
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru View Post
I just got v12's. You wouldn't blame this accident on them would you? I heard they were great in the rain.
Me too. Mine are like, three weeks old.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #62
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
"Careless and Imprudent", aka "reckless driving" I believe. Sure hope you get that one toned down a bit.

Damn mousitch, I really feel for you man. Those pictures are just to look at. Skelekitty took one look and felt sick. First she said "WTF happened" then "I really feel bad for him--damn, I don't know what to say". Geez.

Based on what I see, and unfortunately some sad personal experience with that kind of damage, I think it's a total loss. It would cost the very close to the value of the car to repair it (well, to repair it well enough that you'd be willing to drive it again--and that's assuming no unibody damage). M parts aren't cheap, and probably most of the suspension (control arms, stuts, steering rack, etc), hubs/rotors/calipers, and most likely the sub-frame are all toast.

Thanks fit

I'm glad you're okay, and I think you're pretty lucky to walk out of there with only a sore wrist (and no rollover). The M is a tough car, and that helped. I hope that C&I gets knocked down a bit. The authorities do sometimes make assumptions....sports car, etc. etc. and they go from there.

Shit does happen, and I know how hard it will be to not replay this damn thing over and over in your mind. Been there, and it's no fun. And you're so right about not knowing what you have until it's gone. Take care best wishes for better days ahead.
Thanks for the kind words. It really hurts knowing what i did to such a fine car. I'm gonna go day by day till I get a new one. Nothing else like it on the road. My girlfriend is sick too she knew how much I loved that beast. Almost to a fault.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #63
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. It really hurts knowing what i did to such a fine car. I'm gonna go day by day till I get a new one. Nothing else like it on the road. My girlfriend is sick too she knew how much I loved that beast. Almost to a fault.
Yeah, that's the real kicker isn't it? Whenever I think back on what happened, even though it was not exactly my fault (freak conditions) I just keep going over how I should have known, should have done this, should not have done that, what if this, what if that, blah blah blah. The first 3-4 weeks were awful. I didn't sleep well. Keep having bad dreams. Really roasted myself over the coals a lot. As much as the incident itself sucked, the replay aspect in my head sucked worse. And I didn't have the ticket/lawyer aspect to deal with, so I can only imagine how adding in that must be.

It will pass eventually. My only recommendation is to ride out the emotional roller coaster your on, let the chips all fall (lawyer, insurance, etc.) and get to a point where you can look at things clearly/pragmatically. That may take awhile. My wife was super-supportive and basically told me to let things run their course and not to make any decisions that were not absolutely required while in that emotional shape. That was sage advice. I waited for my head to more or less clear and then I was able to clearly plan out what I wanted to do next regarding the car. In your case that's going to be replacing it, finding something else, or holding off on the replacement for some unspecified amount of time (based on insurance and lawyer results).

It sounds like with the lawyer you're on the right track there and that was clear thinking on your part. LEOs do make assumptions, and I honestly hope that gets addressed.

I'm sure folks will have all kind of advice for you--my advice would be to take my wife's advice and not decide on anything I didn't have to decide on until your head is clear. And if you need somewhat "independent" feedback on options, this forum is a pretty good place to put those out there because we're not directly involved with you (which offers some level of pragmatism).

Again, my best wishes for better days ahead.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #64
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Yikes. Good luck with the popo. They can really suck sometimes but it all works out in the end it seems.

I can't even imagine how you feel right now
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #65
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru View Post
mine are great under braking, but not very good under acceleration (def worse than PS2s). Under full throttle, I can lose traction at 40mph in second
      08-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #66
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
mine are great under braking, but not very good under acceleration (def worse than PS2s). Under full throttle, I can lose traction at 40mph in second
You are correct. Whamo I was off the road. I'm not the Stig but there was no saving it. Broke loose and I pulled g's I swear spinning round. Flash bang boom.
Appreciate 0