ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-21-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
drewski429
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Sport 6MT

Removing AC Compressor on my 3.0si roadster

So, as my to-do list goes for the car, Air Conditioning just appeared at the top of the list.

It won't engage, and after using all my wits and tools and gauges, had my local mechanic look while replacing my CDV with the UUC clutch unlock valve and steel braided clutch line (way better shifting now).

He checked everything possible down to the fuse and we conclude the compressor is shot, so he de-pressurized the system and the original factory oil is still in there.

Anyone here ever remove the AC from a Z4? I have a Ranger BL-5000 lift so I can put it in the air if it's easier from underneath. I might look at the unit and see if it can be rebuilt; I can usually figure out this sort of thing, if it's a seized bearing or power connector issue, I can do it.

Z4 to-do list:
1. A/C needs to operate in Texas
2. DISA internal rebuild (lower and upper) I have the anodized aluminum internals and formic acid to properly seal up the ABS housing after cracking these things open - I miss my M54 DISA that opened up with screws!
3. Rear passenger side suspension clunk is most likely the strut tower mount or shim or something up in the trunk recess - I have the EURO II suspension kit, but it's too low for my area, just need to take apart and see what crumbles out into small peices.
4. I have a GROM bluetooth android smartphone kit, but the car needs coded for it to work. Everything functions including steering buttons, but it has NO AUDIO. nice.
5. My grey top is very sunburned and faded to yellowish and pretty horrid, I want to make it black and there are dye options but I'm VERY hesitant - It's about 98% perfect other than that and one cigarette burn from a really lame-a** flick I did on the highway and it stuck there.
6. Wheels are curb-rashed and flaked all-around and could use reconditioning. I miss the style 107 wheels from my 2004, but these are still nice.
7. Exhaust - something, anything, even though it does NOT sound stock. Ya know.. because.

Drew
2006 Z4 3.0si 6spd
Grey red leather sport interior and grey faded top.
Forth Worth, TX
Appreciate 0