ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #23
fdagen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Not sure why your getting personal? How is posting that I wanted it and then immediately pming the seller messing up?

I am simply recommending a solution that will end a lot of frustration. I have also witnessed it work well on other forums.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #24
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Oh, I meant it as a joke; hence the smiley faces. Sorry you didn't catch that. You must be new here. We joke around a lot on these here boards

Any way, I'd say just let it go. The moderators on here rarely intervene, and it seems like too difficult a thing to start implementing all of a sudden.

Onto the next one
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #25
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
I have to agree... the seller can sell to anyone he wants. He owns the item until money has been exchanged. I personally post on the thread when I send a PM, but only as a courtesy. It's in no way a requirement.

Limit the conversation and ask for a Paypal email address right away if you know you want the item. My time is worth money, so the guy that limits the conversation and sends payment is effectively saving me money.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #26
fdagen
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think you guys are missing the point. Sure the seller can sell to who he or she wants, but assuming the sellers and buyers have good intentions I am suggesting some order to it. If this is all about making money, why not go to eBay and start a bidding war. If you don't have time for members that makes me wonder why you would ever do a diy? Oh yeah because we are trying to help each other. Maybe I am the one that is misreading the intention of this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #27
torchmedia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White Z4MC

Nothing malicious going on here – the other guy beat you to it. Whether it was via PM or in a post response, doesn't really matter. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #28
Taylorguy74
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i M-Sport

I hear you - other boards that are heavily moderated that I belong to - SVTPerformance for instance - moderators enforce the best they can that the first 'I'll take it' in the actual post gets the item. Keeps the marketplace hopefully fair. But that is a heavily visited site, with multiple multiple moderators always online.

But here I can also understand, the first money transfer that I agree to gets the item. I am patient, but only to a point as this site isn't humming all the time, not wanting to go round and round via PMs on an item - do your research first.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #29
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Stretching "time is worth money" to someone not having time for other members and thus why bother making a DIY or have this forum in general, is pretty extreme. Haggling with an indecisive member over price is time that could be spent doing other things, namely writing a DIY. A DIY respects others' time and money by documenting how to perform a task in order to allow others to be more productive. Haggling costs the seller time and money.

Slightly OT, but this sums up my thoughts on time and productivity:

Most other successful people share those thoughts. They don't waste time haggling when someone else has money ready. They will give the sale to the person that respects the seller's time. Asking questions about an item is fine, but recognize that it costs the seller time to answer them, and he will likely sell to someone else that has money ready.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #30
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
From here on out, I call shotgun as first in line on all items posted on this website!!

All jokes aside, I agree seller is entitled to sell to anyone he chooses, which will usually be the one with the money ready to go. On the other hand, I can also understand why this other member is upset when he posted on this thread that he was first in line. Just so we all know, and kind of common sense if you ask me, if you're interested in item and have the money to buy it, write it in the given thread AND PM the seller just to be sure you're acknowldged
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #31
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Today was my day off from the gym, I watched the video above, and now I'm heading to the gym on my day off. I shouldn't have watched it ha
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #32
fdagen
First Lieutenant
Rep

I posted on the thread and pmed. So no valid points are being made here. I am in sales and successful and will tell you you work as hard for 10k as you do for multi million dollar sales. Oh yeah and there's questions and haggling involved. And yes, I believe this forum is here to help members find parts, friends, information and diy.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #33
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I missed out on the titanium exhaust EAS was parting out. I was very close asking Tom for payment information. The seller sold it locally without my knowledge. I know it sucks. What can I do but move on.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #34
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I still see and completely agree with all points you're making fdagen, but implementing the system you speak of may have drawbacks.

Not only will it be difficult for a relaxed forum such as this to suddenly ramp up sales trafficking, but as a salesperson, you should know better than anyone else the crap that some buyers pull. Sometimes you'll be stuck with people that change their mind, or don't actually have the money, or try to lowball. They might call dibs first, and other potential buyers already move on, thinking that this dibs system is in place, so they have no chance, etc.

Also, to your point on this forum being friendly and relaxing, and not supposed to be all about making money? Don't you think trying to implement such a "dibs requirement" system is infringing upon said friendly atmosphere? We already have very little issues with sales here as it is, since most everyone is trustworthy and stand-up individuals. I just don't think it would be all that beneficial to try and start such a system at this point in time. I'm just thinking that there are pros and cons to everything, and as long as this serves a reminder to us all, then that's all there is to it. Let's move it along. The item was sold, end of this story
Appreciate 0