ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #23
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Low mileage = no driving = waste

I had so many unexplained
CELs.

These cars are meant to be driven, period.
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #24
Gle8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodo View Post
In general I think it's too much for the car. I'm not sure what your problem is with that. Perhaps switch to decaf?
We can all have opinions on the price, yes?
Didn't mean to come off as pissy. I may have just spent too much time on Rennlist in the past, and seen too many 'you're asking too much' posts from people that turn around and then 'ask too much' for the same car.

Don't mean to carry my angst to another (nicer) community
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #25
Psychodo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8 View Post
Didn't mean to come off as pissy. I may have just spent too much time on Rennlist in the past, and seen too many 'you're asking too much' posts from people that turn around and then 'ask too much' for the same car.

Don't mean to carry my angst to another (nicer) community
No worries

I would never do that to a private fsbo here on the forum. Honestly, I hope private sellers get whatever they're asking for. A lot of these cars have been lovingly cared for.
It just struck me as a bit on the high side but it's from a dealer and it's on ebay, so that may explain.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #26
dschultz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

I can't afford it, and may be delusional, but I think that 44,900 will look like a bargain one day for our beloved Z4MCs. Especially a cherry like this.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #27
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

The ebay seller is a dealer located in Maryland. They currently have several Z3 & Z4 M's listed on ebay, most with low mileage that could be generally considered in "collectible" condition.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #28
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8 View Post
In what context? If you were to buy it, or in general?

It constantly amazes me on sites such as this (and rennlist etc) that people have 2 goals: to get the most they can out of the cars they want to sell, and to spend as little as possible on the cars they want. While I agree with and applaud these goals in practice (and theory), I don't see the point in someone who already owns a make/model posting on other for sale ads saying that it's 'too much'. Don't you want your car to be worth more? Don't you want the market to be good for when you sell it?

A car is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay for it. And I hope that every Z4 sale from now until the time I'm ready to sell (if that day ever comes) is higher than the last. It is in my best interest for this to happen. So you'll never see me post on a for sale ad that the car is overpriced, because, well, it's not until it doesn't sell. And if it does sell, it's priced just right.

I hope this seller gets every penny of their asking price.
Couldn't agree more. I thought it was very cheap for a NEW car.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #29
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

I talked with a very nice gentleman a few weeks ago that was quite interested in my M roadster for sale. He wound up purchasing an M with ~3,000 miles on it - must not have been this Ebay one as it appears this one is still for sale. Anyway, I think he said he paid $32k for his.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #30
TriAdX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1968 Mustang - 07 Z4MC

I hope prices on the z4m coupes keeps going up. It should, the car is worth more then it's MSRP at this point. There were only 1816 of these cars made.. they SHOULD skyrocket at some point.

2007 Z4M Coupe - 2010 Ducati 848 - 1968 Mustang 302
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #31
Kapt
Rep
Drives: 535is

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLH View Post
The ebay seller is a dealer located in Maryland. They currently have several Z3 & Z4 M's listed on ebay, most with low mileage that could be generally considered in "collectible" condition.
I bought a car from this dealer and they are very reputable IMHO. The cars they have in their inventory are all very clean and mostly lower mileage. He is not as big as EAG, but maybe one day he'll be the EAG of the East.
Appreciate 0