ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Do you think we should have a section or sticky for vendor reviews or commentary?
Yes (a vendors section would be good) 15 93.75%
No (opinions on vendors are like...) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

11-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Should We Have a Questionable Vendors Section

So this topic is surely to have numerous opinions and I'm guessing issues of propriety as well but it would be handy to have a section where people can post vendor reviews to be discussed and possibly refuted. At least all the information would be in one place and not buried in posts.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

I think this is a good idea. My only suggestion is that if people are going to post past experiences that have already been discussed perhaps just post the vendor and a link to the thread where the incidents or praise have been discussed. Similarly, maybe new posts could still be started as new threads then linked here. My suggestions are far from perfect, just trying to keep this thread from becoming too cluttered to be helpful. Maybe the OP for the thread could monitor it and copy the links to the original post under a heading for each vendor?
      11-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
p1nk50ck
HNIC
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

i dunno how this will roll with forum "advertising" rules.

however, it might be nice to have a consolidated area where all vendor issues are posted and hashed out.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Dine
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 silver Grey Z4mc

I think it is a good idea. If vendors are providing good customer service and offering quality products they shouldn't have anything to worry about. In fact a good vendor forum is usually full of "great experience, awesome product, thanks!!, etc..".

The way I have seen it done on other forums is there is a vendor section (like we have) and then each supporting vendor gets their own sub forum to advertise products and within that sub forum people were free to post experiences good or bad. It does require a little monitoring to make sure it doesn't turn into a vendor getting bashed unnecessarily though.
Appreciate 0