ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Nav wire loom retrofit help

hey guys i bought a full nav system with the stock wire loom, but not sure if i can make the stock one work
since the retrofit wire loom is no longer available i have heard that people use an X3 wire loom, can any body elaberate?

the stock one i have has almost all connections but missing on of the connectors, im missing either A1 OR A2 that are shown on the retrofit instructions (i think i am missing A2) and not sure how to make it work and just trying to see what options i have to make it easy as possible.

would i just gut my whole system and replace every part of the wire loom i have?

thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Never mind I figured it out and modified the original loom and trimed the fat as it were ...

But since the OEM nav retrofit wire loom is no longer available I stress any body looking to retrofit the stock nav system be sure to get the OEM wire loom and or the x3 wire loom that I hear worked but needed to be modified.

Anybody that knows how to modify the x3 wire loom or knows any information on how to retrofit the nav system now that the OEM nav retrofit wire loom is no longer maid and

not available anymore please chime in so we will or may be able to help others.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0