ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
SES Light - P0155

Hi gents,

need your help with a SES light that I am trying to diagnose. Background story, I have euro headers with the relocated secondary O2 sensors but recently the car threw a P0155 error (02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1).

My question to you fine folks:
1. Is the fix as simple as replacing the Lambda probe is this pic (part 1 or 2)?

2. If yes, which one is it? Or should I replace both? If so, what's the best place to order these? They seem to be very pricey

3. How easy is it to do it from the engine bay or under the car? Does it require any heatshield/pipe removal?

Any other advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
well, ordered 2 of these guys off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-15168-Ox...ds=bosch+15168

215 shipped for two which is less than price of one at the dealer.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #3
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

What's up bud.... I believe both pre-cat are the same length and the same sensor #. They are both very easy to change and you can do it without jacking up the car. I would replace the broken one for now. As far I know sensors either work or they don't.

Just a hint, I used a one of this ratchets, plus a 20 inch pipe over it which will make it easier for you to to lose and tight the O2 back in place. The longer the neck of the ratchet is the less force you need to use....right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140523043144:s

Make sure you have a nice cold beer next to while doing this... it enhances the feeling of fixing your own car, please it helps cut down the cursing

Have fun!
Jeff.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffchaPz View Post
What's up bud.... I believe both pre-cat are the same length and the same sensor #. They are both very easy to change and you can do it without jacking up the car. I would replace the broken one for now. As far I know sensors either work or they don't.

Just a hint, I used a one of this ratchets, plus a 20 inch pipe over it which will make it easier for you to to lose and tight the O2 back in place. The longer the neck of the ratchet is the less force you need to use....right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140523043144:s

Make sure you have a nice cold beer next to while doing this... it enhances the feeling of fixing your own car, please it helps cut down the cursing

Have fun!
Jeff.
HAHAH so finally got everything together this morning and took a crack at it. I think finish to start it took me a bit over an hour. I jacked up the front end and it helped me a bit trying to put the new sensors in (not 100% necessary but makes life easier)

I ended up changing both and glad I did. Check out the carbon build up on this bad boy.... Reset the SES light and P0155 has not returned yet. Fingers crossed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0