ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #23
angelr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 aw/ir m coupe, 2013 S4

Heat? You're arguing semantics then. I can overheat any tire I run, therefor by your logic there will always be a reason or benefit to going wider. Just add more speed to keep them in their temp sweet spot.

I take issue with your assertion that the car will be no faster around a circuit with 275's all around vs 245/275 stagger. You may prefer the balance of the latter but I maintain that properly driven the square setup will be capable of more speed than the staggered.

You're saying that the z4 can only make use of a 245 tire in front and that increasing the width will not add grip (thermal capacity)? The threshold before loosing front grip (thermal capacity) has increased along with corner speed on my car by going wider....what could possibly have caused this? Localized warming trend? No aero yet.

The audi I track certainly has picked up speed and grip. Wider tires were part of that. Aero here.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:29 AM   #24
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

alright, enough thread crapping in my thread about tires guys, it was about swapping out the stock bolts.