ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #23
bignosejim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varinn View Post
I'm expecting to see my new Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit arrive tomorrow, and the Rogue street rubber RSM and Bimmerworld camber shims the day after. $780 shipped for a set of shocks and springs. The ride height drops ~20mm F/R, about or already past my limit.

One question though, any reason why removing the little mudflaps infront of the rear tires would be a bad idea? If I'm not super careful I already scrape them on the transition between my driveway and the road. Another 20mm down is not going to help with that.
About the mudflaps, they might help to keep rocks from being flung up into the paint.

Be sure to give us your impression on the B12 kit. I might be interested in this option also. A few before and after pics and where you got them would be awesome!

/// Vibra-Technics motor mounts /// Autosolutions SSK /// RE Tranny mounts /// Aero Turbine Exhaust /// Beisan Vanos upgrades /// SDW rtabs /// Fortune Auto 500
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #24
Varinn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

I actually just got these installed last night with RE rear mounts, I'll post a proper opinion in a week or so after an alignment and a few more days of street driving (plus an autocross or two).

It's a noticeable improvement at first impression but my stock stuff was pretty pooched, I'll grab pics and a better review later. I don't really have "before" pictures to showcase the suspension height, but I should have one that shows stock height at least somewhat reasonably well.

PS: I ordered my kit from AJUSA.com, it was my first time dealing with that website and I had actually never heard of it (found it while searching general reviews of the B12 kit and wound up on an Audi forum where they are a popular vendor)

They had great customer service, they were significantly cheaper than anywhere else and I think I lucked into buying it during a Bilstein specific sale so I got an extra few bucks off with free shipping. Total paid out the door was $780us. Summit racing has them for cheaper than most other places as well, at $898.97us with free shipping.

Average pricing I see at other places like Bimmerworld is $1,002.99us and $63 for shipping. Converted to Canadabucks that would have cost me $1340cad plus tax...
2007 Z4M Coupe (#1026/1815) SOLD

Last edited by Varinn; 04-29-2016 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:40 PM   #25
Varinn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I've had the suspension in for a week now and so far it's been great. The rear does tend to sit on the high side and at points almost feels like it hasn't dropped, I think realistically it's just that it's more sensitive than the fronts to variations in pavement level.

My old shocks were proper fooked so my impressions are of course a bit exagerated. The ride is firm and planted of course, much more so than before. Turn in and stability is much better through corners and less likely to have chassis wiggle when hitting mild bumps. The DSC doesn't flash nearly as often.

Downsides would be noise, the rogue RSM's are great and generally quiet, but I do notice a good deal more noise and rear clunkiness when going through a small patch of high/low variations. It can handle a single ok but not a cluster. Larger bumps are definitely more noticeable in both sound and feel than the stock setup but I would not call it unbearable at least not with the road quality in my city. I find it to be perfectly pleasant, but do not be mistaken... it is not a GT car in any stretch.

Keep in mind my stock setup was so bad that I was basically riding on clouds in comparison (LOL). I'm amazed I even made it round the autocross course let alone not at back of the pack, can't wait for the next event.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #26
Varinn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Finally got some half assed pictures, yay for iphones cause I don't use a proper camera ever haha
Attached Images

2007 Z4M Coupe (#1026/1815) SOLD
Appreciate 1