ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-30-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Looking for used X-pipe

My stock Section 1 and X-pipe are looking like they will be a BIATCH to separate as the bolts have been "assimilated" into the flanges and are not coming out at all, even with chemicals and heat. I could cut them off but the ones in the middle will be tricky to get to without damaging the pipe OR having to buy new tools with a much smaller cutting wheel. So I'm thinking of just leaving it all together and trying to find a used X-pipe for a decent price. Still a bit baffled as to why two relatively short piece of pipe with simple bends and some flanges are going for $600 USD plus taxes and shipping. By the time I import them here, that's going to turn into $1000. Stupid and yet I do understand that whole thing about "if you want to play with these cars, you gonna pay".

Anyways, if you have an x-pipe you want to dump, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Tominizer, you would think a fabricator would be able knock one of those up for way less than a g-note??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
My stock Section 1 and X-pipe are looking like they will be a BIATCH to separate as the bolts have been "assimilated" into the flanges and are not coming out at all, even with chemicals and heat. I could cut them off but the ones in the middle will be tricky to get to without damaging the pipe OR having to buy new tools with a much smaller cutting wheel. So I'm thinking of just leaving it all together and trying to find a used X-pipe for a decent price. Still a bit baffled as to why two relatively short piece of pipe with simple bends and some flanges are going for $600 USD plus taxes and shipping. By the time I import them here, that's going to turn into $1000. Stupid and yet I do understand that whole thing about "if you want to play with these cars, you gonna pay".

W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
I have one on me.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 05:54 PM   #4
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post

Pm me
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:33 AM   #5
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

PM'ed
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:35 AM   #6
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

dbarton62 - pretty sure if I gave him the OEM stock piece, should not be a problem to put something like that together for well under that price and the pricing out there right now from the manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 07:09 AM   #7
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I'm all good now....... thanks everyone/.
Appreciate 0