ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
KNuss
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

DSP Settings?

Hey guys.

I'm sure this has been posted many times, but for the life of me I can't find a thread with good DSP settings for a coupe.

I have a 2007 3.0si coupe and I can't get settings that sound just right.

The sales rep who sold me the car programmed in the settings he says most of his customers like the best, but the frequencies are way too high and even though it sounds good, it basically has turned everything into white noise.

I found a thread on here from awhile ago that claimed these settings were optimal for the coupe:

80Hz: +1
200Hz: -5
500Hz: -1
1kHz: 0
2kHz: +2
5kHz: 0
12kHz: +2

I've found these to be too flat.

If anyone has a setting they really like, could you please post them here or direct me to a thread where they are posted? I'm a perfectionist and it's going to drive me crazy until I get this set right. At least the exhaust note sounds perfect!

Thanks.
Kevin

EDIT: I just realized I should probably post this in the Audio section, so I aplogize if this is in the wrong spot. I'm going to post it over there too.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

I like the idea of everyone posting up their settings and I am interested to see what settings people are using. I had a tech look at my car and he said the speakers were blown so they are being replaced next week so I haven't messed with the settings much but once I get it back, I'll tweek it and tell you what I think is best.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
KNuss
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
I like the idea of everyone posting up their settings and I am interested to see what settings people are using. I had a tech look at my car and he said the speakers were blown so they are being replaced next week so I haven't messed with the settings much but once I get it back, I'll tweek it and tell you what I think is best.
Sounds great. Nothing beats new speakers!
Appreciate 0