ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Wajhik
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EB

Help! Front turn signal bulb...amber?!

Hey guys, I am in a situation I need some help. I have searched and found a little bit of information but I need some clarity on whats new.

I work for a BMW dealership, sold an 2005 BMW z4 with Xenons. Apparently the front turn signal bulbs are white, but with amber lenses. which have a tendencey to be knocked out?

ANyway, the guys car will not pass inspection because he has 1 white turn signal and 3 amber ones...is there a quick fix for this? I cant find an amber bulb, and I cant find an aftermartket amber bulb. the only "solution" I can think of is wrapping the factory bulb in amber christmas light material I find at Hobby Lobby...doesent exactly bode well for a top BMW dealership...just looking for some guidence, any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Z@T
Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Vantage, 997, ModelX

We can trade, I give you my Xenon headlights with amber turn signal strips.

No inspection in FL.

63217160797 seems to be OEM bulb.

I would, but I'm no dealership, spray paint the bulb amber and a second thin layer silver on top. Did that with my rear signals and looks like the OEM one on the other side.

Last edited by Z@T; 07-17-2013 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajhik View Post
Hey guys, I am in a situation I need some help. I have searched and found a little bit of information but I need some clarity on whats new.

I work for a BMW dealership, sold an 2005 BMW z4 with Xenons. Apparently the front turn signal bulbs are white, but with amber lenses. which have a tendencey to be knocked out?

ANyway, the guys car will not pass inspection because he has 1 white turn signal and 3 amber ones...is there a quick fix for this? I cant find an amber bulb, and I cant find an aftermartket amber bulb. the only "solution" I can think of is wrapping the factory bulb in amber christmas light material I find at Hobby Lobby...doesent exactly bode well for a top BMW dealership...just looking for some guidence, any help is appreciated!
Ive never heard of any globes falling out.
If that's what happened it would still be rolling around in the bottom of the light.

More likely previous owner tried to 'clear' them.
There was a DIY posted where someone smashed the amber globes then vacuumed out the glass.
Maybe the previous owner tried this and found it too difficult.

....that doesn't solve the problem though.

I'm not aware of any compatible amber bulb.
Since the lights are sealed, the painting method above might be the only option other than complete replacement.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Wrong bulb.
Turn signal is 63217160788, H21W.

Google search for "H21W amber" gets a few hits.

There are 2 on each side, can you just take out the one that has the broken globe?
and maybe the one out of the other side so it looks symmetrical?
Appreciate 0