ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-30-2023, 04:46 AM   #1
scottsglide
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw z4, jeep gladiator

Windshield frame cover replacement

Has anyone replaced the windshield frame cover on a 2007 Z4? I have ordered one and waiting for it to arrive. Any videos out there? I have tried searching the threads as well as youtube with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 09:24 AM   #2
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I believe there are videos on YT...or at least they used to be. I ultimately just replaced my windshield (which I am happy i did considering how pitted it was), but you may have better luck.

Depending on how "centered" your window is in the opening and how much adhesive was used you may or may not have an easy go of it. It is a crap shoot.

If you have to do any prying whatsoever to get it out use something firm but flexible (a plastic trim removal tool would be good) and DO NOT pry in any way against the edge of the glass or you could be buying a new windshield instead of just replacing the trim.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 11-01-2023 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0