ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Chroming My Lips!

Alright, so I know I'm not an E90... But you guys seem to have some of the sickest wheels so I thought you might have the best advice!

I've got some Work Rezax with polished lip on my M Coupe. I'm sick of having to hand polish them every few weeks so I'm considering having the lips chromed. Of course I want a quality looking Iforged, HRE, 360 type finish and am wondering where I should send them.

Here are some pics...

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167539

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep

Wuuppps. I posted in the wrong place! Meant to post in the E90 cause they all seem to be very much into wheels. Whereas there are fewer of us and much fewer with aftermarket wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep

BTW, I just noticed my last post was moved to the Z4 section... I knew I wasn't crazy. Moderator, this is a wheel question... NOT a Z4 model question.

I mentioned that I'm asking e90 guys because they are more informed on nice wheels. If its moved perhaps it should go to the e90 wheels section etc. There is no point in moving it to the Z4 section as there isn't enough aftermarket wheel aficionados.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I say skip the chrome...adds weight and really looks funny on a sports car. Yes polished lips require work but look hot. Could they be clear coated or machine brushed to take on a brushed stainless look?
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

added weight and bling. Not for me. Just get some mother's metal polish and clean them. Then they should say in better shape for a longer time.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep

Won't chrome the entire wheel just the lip. A high polish lip looks like chrome anyhow unless you compare it direclty to a chrome lip to see the difference.

I'm sick of having to polish out water stains etc. The wheels were originally anodized which looks polished but yet are protected and low maintenance like Chrome. So the BMW wheel guy is looking into a local anodizer to see about getting this done.
Appreciate 0