ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
bdn3d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4m Coupe/ Mini Cooper S

Crank Shaft Sensor

Hello ZPOST I haven't posted in a while, had a kid, started a company etc... hope everyone is doing well.

About two months ago I ran through a pretty big puddle and after wards the car started acting up on me. Lately its been raining like crazy here and on Monday I ran through an equal size puddle pulling into my driveway. The car dies on me like 4 time later that night and was doing what it did before. I assume at this point I no longer need to go through puddles... DUH

But I took it to a local shop (good people) and they are telling me its my Crank Shaft Sensor. Now I'm not doubting that that's the problem but why would this happen from a puddle? I figured I got water on the MAF somehow and that was the issue. Any way I just want to hear your guys thoughts and to see if anyone here may have had the same issue, considering it is pretty rare.

thank you
      10-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn3d
Hello ZPOST I haven't posted in a while, had a kid, started a company etc... hope everyone is doing well.

About two months ago I ran through a pretty big puddle and after wards the car started acting up on me. Lately its been raining like crazy here and on Monday I ran through an equal size puddle pulling into my driveway. The car dies on me like 4 time later that night and was doing what it did before. I assume at this point I no longer need to go through puddles... DUH

But I took it to a local shop (good people) and they are telling me its my Crank Shaft Sensor. Now I'm not doubting that that's the problem but why would this happen from a puddle? I figured I got water on the MAF somehow and that was the issue. Any way I just want to hear your guys thoughts and to see if anyone here may have had the same issue, considering it is pretty rare.

thank you
If its showing a code for the sensor, might as well replace the sensor