ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
euroazn_boy
Rep
Drives: bmw z4

Twin reverse lights!!!!

Hey guys!

I recently bought a 05 Z4 "my dream car i loved so much"
But i never really liked how there is only one single reverse light. So i decided to have 2 reverse lights.

I'm from Australia my reverse light is on the left in the US its on the right so i bought a right tail light from the US and in stalled it on my car. i just disconnected the fog light and bridged the reverse wire to the new reverse lamp.

All is good all is working i have 2 reverse lights now!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by euroazn_boy; 04-23-2015 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

I don't get it, you only have a reverse light on your left side? Anyway, I do like the US tails better than the Euro ones.

BTW, what's on your Nav screen? It looks like it has good resolution. My Nav only has basic colors like black, white, orange and green and the font is very blocky.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
euroazn_boy
Rep
Drives: bmw z4

"i had 1 reverse light" now i have 2 by disconnecting the fog light!

my screen is the normal stock screen. i can watch tv and dvds on it full color?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
intoflatlines
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
I don't get it, you only have a reverse light on your left side? Anyway, I do like the US tails better than the Euro ones.

BTW, what's on your Nav screen? It looks like it has good resolution. My Nav only has basic colors like black, white, orange and green and the font is very blocky.
In many countries it's mandatory to have a rear fog light. Some cars like 2000s Audis have separate spots for rear fog lights (ever wonder why you're driving behind an Audi that looks like it has two bright brake lights constantly on, or one bright red brake light on the driver's side?) Some cars have the rear fog light built into the tail light, or will replace one of the reverse lights with a rear fog light instead.

Rear fog lights are really functional if you use them for their intended purpose. I add them to most of my cars (not my Z4M though).
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #5
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
In many countries it's mandatory to have a rear fog light. Some cars like 2000s Audis have separate spots for rear fog lights (ever wonder why you're driving behind an Audi that looks like it has two bright brake lights constantly on, or one bright red brake light on the driver's side?) Some cars have the rear fog light built into the tail light, or will replace one of the reverse lights with a rear fog light instead.

Rear fog lights are really functional if you use them for their intended purpose. I add them to most of my cars (not my Z4M though).
Interesting. My wife's Audi has 2 fog light buttons, but I never knew what the 2nd one did. Her car has so many buttons and submenus that I never bothered learning what everything does. I like our Z4 - nice and simple, not like a space ship console.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #6
Lightning87
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 2.5i

i also have the symetric taillights, although in the EU you have to have a rear foglight by law, so the fog light just has a read bulb in it
      04-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #7
intoflatlines
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
Interesting. My wife's Audi has 2 fog light buttons, but I never knew what the 2nd one did. Her car has so many buttons and submenus that I never bothered learning what everything does. I like our Z4 - nice and simple, not like a space ship console.
Ah, so your wife's car is one that people drive behind thinking "something's wrong with that person's tail lights!"
Appreciate 0