ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-29-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Thumbs up FS: Brand new KW V3 Coilovers (Z4M)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
These are brand new and never been installed. I had ordered these a while ago and since then have had about 500 track miles on the car. Since the car is working well, I really don't want to introduce more tuning variables at this time as I am still learning how to drive a high powered RWD car close to the limits. I am thinking brakes or lightweight wheels instead of these at this time and ramp up from there ...

Make me some reasonable offers based on your shopping research and I am sure we can reach an agreement. The longer these sit in my garage, the more tempted I would be to install them

PMs welcome.

Willing to work on a trade for lightweight wheels- Volks, OZ or SSRs preferably.

Outright sale for around the $2150 mark would work.

Last edited by pal; 09-02-2008 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #2
pal
Captain
Rep

Looking for some lightweight and strong 18's for the Z4M at this time ... let me know if you have something. Outright sale is fine as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
Looking for some lightweight and strong 18's for the Z4M at this time ... let me know if you have something. Outright sale is fine as well.
Do you know what the spring rates are front and rear? I'm trying to figure out if the M Coupe variety of the V3's are progressive or fixed. I had a TC Kline setup on my 330Ci and loved it mostly because of how predictably fixed rate springs behaved in the corners of Watkins Glen. I know some V3's have fixed in the front and rear and some are just fixed in the front...

...and I would likely be able to trade you a perfect condition set of SSR Comp-H wheels in 19x8" sizings with a +45 offset. You'd need to run a spacer in the rear (and maybe the front, though not likely) but it'd give you a square setup which is ideal for the track and would let you rotate to reduce all that wear from negative camber I know you'll want to run! They weight 19.7lbs and have a set of Bridgestone RE01R tires on them in 245/35/19 sizing and about 60% of their tread left. And if you didn't know already, these tires are insane. Very trackable street tires and just about as sticky as you can get without stepping up to R-Comps. Great tires to train on the track with because they still communicate right up to their limit (which is extremely high). Oh and it could be a local transaction. I'm up in Boston but make frequent trips to central NJ.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
pal
Captain
Rep

I believe the front springs are progressive, but from what I have read that is to allow for spring extension when the front end unloads (e.g., cresting a hill etc) without the spring coming off the proper perch alignment.

I prefer a 18" rim since I have bent and cracked the lip on my SSRs (on an Audi TT) in the past. NJ roads are not friendly to SSR Comps on low profile rubber. Thanks for the offer though and yes it would have been close to perfect with you being local. Let me know if you'd like an outright purchase of the suspension.

Tx.

Pal
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep

FWIW, I've only run 19" wheels on my 330Ci and have never run into issues either on the terrible NJ streets or in Manhattan where I lived for 3 years. The SSR wheels of the past, the Comp's, were notably soft. The ones I have are the Comp-H variety. The H stands for Hybrid, whatever that means, but they have been extremely resilient. I've had nothing but great experiences with these wheels holding up to some pretty terrible potholes.

Either way, thanks for the information and I'll let you know if I can pull off an outright purchase. But do let me know if you're interested in my wheels .
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
pal
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the information on the Comp-H's ... will do some research and let you know if I decide to go for them.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep

Appreciate 0